Senior iOS Engineer
Senior iOS Engineer
Location: London Wall (near Bank, Barbican, Moorgate, and St Paul's stations)
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's largest Digital, Retail and Commercial Bank with a focus on Helping Britain Prosper.
We're on the mission to build the bank of the future, and we need your help to do it! Continuing our extensive transformation programme, we're redefining what a bank is from the inside out. Our technology, our culture, and our mind-set is changing to craft a true engineering-led organisation.
Why we're doing this?
Our digital platforms (public website, mobile & tablet app, and internet banking website) are where the majority of customer and colleague interactions with the bank take place. They are becoming increasingly sophisticated with the introduction of public API's, growing numbers of devices to access them from and evolving operating systems.
We're passionate about delivering new features for customers across our brands in the mobile space. The Retail Lab mobile teams are part of the Retail Transformation directorate and are fully agile teams that strive for excellence.
About the role
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join one of our mobile lab teams. You'll contribute and help drive the technology development and future of the platform. Working with the Strategy and UX/UI Design teams as well as customer organisations to architect, design, and implement solutions.
You'll also be crafting, developing, and producing mobile components and services; resolve, apply, and improve appropriate methodologies and toolsets for customers.
- Professional working knowledge in designing a mobile experience for variable screen sizes in variable versions of iOS, and deep knowledge of iOS SDK
- Strong knowledge of Apple UI design principles, interface guidelines, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Outstanding ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements, and a curiosity about benchmarking and optimisation
- Proficient in code versioning tools, such as Git, Jenkins, Fastlane
- Cloud message APIs and push notifications
- MVVM architecture, RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services i.e., PromiseKit
We would also love someone familiar with Agile principles and methodologies and usage of related tools - JIRA and Confluence.
What you'll get from the role
This is an exciting time to join us we, have an excellent benefits package but more than that we're an encouraging team that invest in a collaborative approach where everyone's opinion is heard, and colleagues are encouraged to develop and use an inquisitive nature in their role.
At LBG, we're invested in your continual development. That's why we've fostered a collaborative learning environment that supports your career goals and encourages knowledge-sharing. You'll be working with like-minded team members, and be able to grow your own capabilities by pursuing and investing in personal development opportunities.
What you'd get in return:
Offering you both opportunity and profile - we'll provide you with a diverse, energising and supportive environment that focuses on equal opportunity and real career progression.
We'll take your personal and professional development very seriously and enable you to make a genuine difference to millions throughout your career with us.
Together we make it possible.
We'll also give you a broad remuneration package which includes:
- Discretionary bonus: up to 30% of basic salary
- Generous pension contribution - up to 15% employer contribution
- A flex cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle - cash sum of 4% of base salary
- Private health cover
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Various share schemes including free shares
So if you have a desire to work in an excellent Engineering role in a dynamic environment with quality at the heart of thinking, whilst gaining skills and experience within a friendly and motivated team then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you!
We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.