Trainee Buyer - Fashion & Home
About the team
Working alongside your merchandising, design and technology colleagues, you will support the buying team from managing product samples to liasing with suppliers across the globe.
About the role
A 12-18 month scheme designed to support the buying team on a daily basis while acquiring the required skills to develop as a future Buyer. Upon completion of the scheme you will be promoted to Assistant Buyer.
- Prepare garments/accessories for selection meetings, mock shop and Directory pagination.
- Develop an understanding of the product development process. From sourcing fabrics to approving trims, colour and fits.
- Liaise with suppliers from Europe to the Far East to progress samples for selection meetings and production.
- Develop an awareness of key trends and best sellers by gaining inspiration from a variety of sources.
- Maintain accurate buying systems along the way.
Criteria About you
- Highly organised, you’ll be able to proactively manage a wide range of responsibilities throughout the development process.
- An exceptional communicator with an understanding of margin and costs.
- A team player who thrives in a fast paced, busy and challenging environment
- You live and breathe fashion or interiors and are able to present your ideas in a clear and compelling way.
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!