Assistant Statistical Data Analyst
The Product Operations Department is an integral part of the Next Business. We help to drive and implement new ideas and operational excellence. By facilitating the delivery of new initiatives we are helping Next to continually evolve in this challenging but exciting retail environment.
If you love a challenge, enjoy finding creative solutions to problems, like the prospect of building relationships with colleagues throughout the business and you thrive on change, then this could be the role for you.
The Data Analyst position is focused on optimising the effectiveness and efficiency of both the Product function and the broader business. You will use your analytical skills to provide valuable insights which can be used to develop effective solutions leading to process efficiency and cost savings.
About the role:
- Analyse business problems using a variety of statistical methods and modelling techniques across a wide range of data sources.
- Interpret and present concise analysis to business leaders, making considered recommendations for further action.
- Design and develop prototype models to test business solutions before committing systems resources.
- Build strong working relationships with areas across the business.
Criteria About you:
- Problem solver, able to take complex problems, break them down and come up with novel solutions.
- Excellent communication skills – you will need to be able to balance the tenacious and forensic attention to detail required for investigating a problem, with the need to summarise and demonstrate complex ideas clearly and concisely for a non-technical audience.
- Self-motivated with a desire to learn new skills.
- Highly organised, you’ll be able to proactively manage a wide range of responsibilities.
Skills and Qualifications you have:
- Statistics based degree
- Highly numerate, with practical experience of collating and analysing large data sets
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel / Google sheets
- Previous exposure to SQL or other data analysis tools
- Problem solving skills
- Experience with data visualisation tools e.g. PowerBI
- Familiarity with Google Apps, Gmail, Drive, Sheets etc
- Knowledge of data mining techniques
- Previous experience of working in a retail store, Head Office or Data Analyst role.
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!