Are you an experienced Quantity Surveyor with highways maintenance experience, seeking a new challenge in Kent?
Here at Amey we have a new opportunity for a hands on Quantity Surveyor to join our Transport Infrastructure division working on the Kent County Council Highways NEC 3 contract.
This contract with Kent County Council offers a fantastic opportunity to a Quantity Surveyor who is able to challenge and drive the contract forward with a very hands on approach. There are 6 depots across Kent and you will visit them regularly to work closely with the Depot Managers.
This is a full time, permanent role and we offer a modern approach to work/life balance, with flexible working arrangements to suit you and opportunities to work both remotely and in an office environment as appropriate.
- Attend Depots across the County to liaise with the Depot Managers to maximise value on works completed.
- Ensure subcontractors applications are reviewed and assessed in a timely manner, as per their contract terms.
- Process subcontractor payments on SAP when required.
- Contribute to the formulation of monthly financial reports and both internal and external applications for payments.
- Provide support to the Commercial and Principal Commercial Manager when required.
- Produce month end application to be submitted to the Client.
- Need to have a desire to further Client relationships whilst ensuring that contractual entitlements are not compromised.
- Become a point of contact for the Assistant QS on the contract to mentor and support their development.
- Manage contract financial performance to maximise margin.
- Work within the strict deadlines required under the Contract and as required by the Company.
- Review all commercial reports including Cost Value Reconciliations and cash flows before submission.
- Maintain Subcontracts, including procuring new contractors at best value.
- Assist with dispute resolution procedure with KCC when required.
- Ensuring proper administration of the contract requirements.
- Contribute to the contract OPM's and KPI's when possible.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety guidance as directed
Skills and Experience required
- Degree is desirable
- MRICS or equivalent is desirable
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products especially Excel and Word
- Strong commercial and financial acumen
- Sound knowledge of NEC 3 contracts
- Awareness of industry issues
- Good negotiation skills
- Strong team work ethic.
- Alternatively to a degree, demonstrate a proven track record in quantity surveying with significant experience in a similar role.
- Experience within Highways.
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.
What makes this role unique?
You will assist in the daily commercial and contractual aspects of the contracts managed by the operational team.