Supply & Demand Planner
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Supply Chain deliver over 20 million items a year to our customers, our engineers, our Technology colleagues who manage the infrastructure that supports our products and services, and to our Retail estate. We cover demand forecasting, stock management, warehousing and distribution, through to customer returns, repairs and recycling of engineer and customer waste. And we do it for all the items which support our broadband, TV, mobile, DVD and NOW TV businesses through our great suppliers.
What you'll do:
Understand Sky's business and deliver the best possible demand forecast, supply plan and inventory levels, whilst managing product lifecycles and some exciting new launches in 2021 and 2022.
As a member of the Planning team within Supply Chain, you will:
- Drive optimal inventory levels to support demand forecasts.
- Work closely with Commercial and Trading teams to deliver highly accurate demand forecast.
- Creation of the supply plan, and the raising of POs and management of inbound deliveries with suppliers.
- Build great relationships and influence across the business and with suppliers to ensure we have the best information at the right time to ensure the appropriate stock levels to maximise availability but minimise cash tied up in stock and obsolescence risk.
- Identify potential risks to inventory proactively, build and deploy mitigation plans, weigh up options and take decisions which will benefit the business, clearly communicate risks in a timely fashion to all relevant stakeholders.
- Brilliant product lifecycle management, ensuring successful on time product launches, and well-planned end of life of products without significant clearance costs.
- Deliver insights and trends from our numbers to support the planning cycles and right decisions at the right time.
- Proactively drive improvements to processes, as well as supporting bigger Sky change.
- Single point of contact for Commercial, Trading, Finance and Group Planning teams on all things with the portfolio.
- Ensure the right stock is in the right place at the right time to deliver to customers and shops.
What you'll bring:
- Strong numeracy and analytical nature with the ability to tell a story from the numbers.
- High level of Excel and PowerPoint competency.
- Excellent communicator who can summarise data in a way appropriate for the audience.
- Able to build credible relationships and collaborate to achieve the right outcomes for Sky.
- Logical thinker who can interpret sales and marketing plans and commentary into tangible impacts to supply chain.
- Self-starter who is comfortable having full accountability for supply and demand planning a part of Sky's portfolio.
- Proven track record of delivering KPIs and driving continuous improvement.
- Experience of managing suppliers and having difficult conversations.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.