Head of Acquisitions, Europe
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
As a member of the Acquisitions team you'll help secure the best content for the business and build relationships with internal and external content partners, source and negotiate deals and provide strategic support in the wider Sky business.
What you'll do:
- Lead or be responsible for the negotiation of multi -territory deals including Output Deals with key distributors including US studios working closely with Directors of Acquisitions for Cinema and Series
- Working with internal and external content partners, including Sky Cinema, Store, Channels, marketing, legal and finance teams, on long term planning on multi-territory deals
- Sourcing & screening new programmes or movies, reading scripts or treatments and advising (as part of a team) on their suitability for the business from Sky Entertainment channels to Sky Cinema to secure outstanding content for Sky
- Develop and maintain key distributor relationships to ensure that Sky is the first stop for any new TV & film projects
- Team leadership of Acquisition Euro Executives
- Deputise for the Directors of Cinema and Series where appropriate
What you'll bring:
- Senior leader with real drive and passion for excellence in film and TV
- Extensive senior external negotiating experience and demonstrable commercial competence and experience working in international markets, Strong interpersonal skills. The ability to prioritise effectively, excellent attention to detail and a proactive, creative approach to problem-solving are all pre-requisites for the role as is demonstrable aptitude for working collaboratively - and thriving - in the lively, fast paced environment of Acquisitions Demonstrable knowledge of both scripted and unscripted acquired programming as well as editorial trends- particularly in the US market - and the wherewithal to track down international programming
- Sound understanding of the mechanics of content acquisition deals and in-depth understanding of programming rights
- A passion and knowledge of cinema and entertainment programming
- Leadership skills gained at a senior organisational level - ability to encourage and motivate a team
- Broadcasting experience at a senior level, ideally gained within a PayTV/SVOD environment
The Rewards:There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:Osterley:Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Inclusion:We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Why wait?Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.