Business Affairs Manager
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
The Business Affairs Manager will undertake commercial negotiations and review commercial considerations relating to a range of non-scripted Sky Original productions across Sky Max, Sky Documentaries, Sky Nature, Sky Crime, Sky Kids and Sky Arts. As part of the Sky Content team, you will help deliver its growth strategy and ambitions to bring to screen the best stories from the best talent.
What you'll do:
- Negotiate commercial terms for the commissioning of independent producers on Sky Original titles.
- Facilitate multi-party financing arrangements on co-production, including co-ordinating deals with international partners and distributors to ensure successful completion and delivery.
- Collaborate with production and finance teams to approve budget and finance plans and identify and handle production risks.
- Be part of a dedicated creative and commercial Sky Content team, working collaboratively with editorial and production colleagues on key business and commercial issues, and delivering effective solutions.
- Be involved with projects at an early stage to identify potential commercial and business issues to ensure projects are structured in the best interests of Sky.
- Be commercially astute, and plan to achieve business objectives.
What you'll bring:
- Proven experience in content commissioning and/or production in the television industry in a similar role, e.g. at a producer or broadcaster
- Experience in related matters such as financing, tax credits and distribution
- Excellent deal-making, negotiating, analytical, problem solving, written and verbal communication, and positive relationship management skills.
- Sound commercial and business acumen and judgement
- The ability to work to tight time frames across multiple projects, remaining calm and focus on delivering effective solutions
- Strong commercial skills and an ability to think strategically, run priorities across multiple genres and exercise good judgement.
We want to make Sky Studios famous for exceptional content and a place where Europe's top creatives want to do their best work. By 2024, viewers across Europe will be able to enjoy twice as much Sky original content as they do today, fully supported and backed by Comcast NBC Universal. We're an agile Studio, seeking out untold stories while working in creative partnership with today's best writers, producers and on-screen talent - bringing viewers content they wouldn't find anywhere else
The Rewards:There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:Osterley:Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Inclusion:We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Why wait?Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.