We protect everything from bats to buildings to beaches - and we want to share them with everyone too. But how do we care for our special places, while helping everyone to enjoy them and their fascinating stories? It's no small task. In fact, it's a big team effort and it's why our Collections Assistant are so important.
Hours: 12 hours per week
Salary: GBP18,298 per annum
Contract: Permanent role
What you'll be doing
As a Collections Assistant, you'll be working with a great housekeeping team in an incredible place, helping with the day-to-day cleaning and care of the collections. No detail will go unnoticed, and you'll keep a keen eye on everything from the environmental conditions in a room, to signs of wear and tear. You'll keep accurate records too.
In this visitor facing role, we'd love you to talk to visitors about the work you're doing, and the collections we have. You'll also be part of the wider team of employees and volunteers, helping to cover where necessary.
We'd love to hear from you if you have;
- A keen interest in history, historic properties and conservation of their collections
- A good understanding of preventive conservation
- Knowledge of the approach required when working with fragile historic collections as well as Health & Safety and emergency procedures
- Good manual dexterity and eye-to-hand skills and ability to work from ladders and tower scaffold
- The ability to support volunteers to perform at their best
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, and are a great team player
- A willingness to undertake continuing professional development and personal skills development and have an enthusiasm to learn