Modern 365 / Modern Workplace Engineer
About the role:
As a Modern Workplace Engineer, you will bring your specialist experience in Microsoft 365 services and have a passion for cloud services and innovation with a focus on Modern Workplace collaboration technology.
- You will be responsible for operating and supporting the Microsoft 365 environment, and other online collaboration services such as Workplace from Facebook
- Administration, implementation, and maintenance of current and new Microsoft 365 cloud services
- Manage escalated issues relating to applications or cloud services through to resolution
- Proactively perform maintenance activities, while deploying and documenting technical solutions
- You will also maintain strong relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
As part of the team you will:
- Provide specialised technical expertise and recommendations on Microsoft 365 products and services
- Provide 3rd level support for all Microsoft 365 and other collaboration technology related issues
- Design and configure business components according to agreed business need, such as Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Teams and supporting Microsoft 365 and cloud services.
- Create and maintain a contemporary Modern Workplace environment improved end user experience
- Coaching the IT team to develop their Microsoft 365 support and maintenance skills
- Mentor and support our business users with their Microsoft 365 challenges and own solutions
- Provide support cover as required for other collaboration services
- Maintain the Governance and Security Model for the platform
- User and support staff documentation
The skills and experience you will add to our team include:
- 5+ years experience with Microsoft 365, Exchange, Teams, SharePoint Online, Azure Active Directory
- A good understanding of Microsoft 365 roadmap, and the ability to evaluate the applicability for business productivity solutions
- Extensive PowerShell skills including development of ground-up scripting across Microsoft 365 services
- Experience with the end-to-end connectivity (network/proxy) between devices and cloud services
- Strong attention to detail and excellent customer service orientation
- Experience with integrations and migration paths from on-prem solutions to Microsoft 365
- Ability to work autonomously and as a team player
- Microsoft and ITIL certifications are highly regarded
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.