Customer Service Officer
Customer Service Officer
Do you have a superb level of customer service and want the opportunity to develop your career? We are seeking a Customer Service Officer to work in a Property Services Customer Contact Department
Location: Bulwell, Nottingham (Home and flexible working available)
Salary: £22,763 to £26,672 per annum
Hours: 35 per week, full time
Closing Date: Wednesday 03 November 2021
Interview Date: Thursday 11 November 2021
About the role:
The role of Customer Service Officer will involve you receiving telephone and email enquiries on a day-to-day basis from customers. On average the team take 1,000 calls and respond to 1,000 emails per week, so the role requires an excellent organiser who is able to prioritise and deliver effective outcomes.
As a Customer Service Officer, you will be provided with a thorough in-depth induction and 1:1 training initially over the first four weeks in the office, so you feel confident and supported in your new role. Following this, you will have the option to work from home a few days a week once you are fully set up.
Other duties will include but are not limited to:
- Diagnosing repairs, prioritising customer needs, and recording them in an appropriate manner
- Understanding any health and safety implications and ensure jobs are allocated the correct priority.
- Progressing all repairs issuing work to internal and external contractors as appropriate.
- Providing support and cover for all areas of the Customer Contact section as directed by the Customer Services Manager.
- Keeping customers happy!
“We are well established team and we are excited for a new team member to join us. Our managers’ listen and we feel we make a difference” – Current colleague.
As a Customer Service Officer, it is essential that you have demonstrable experience of working in a customer facing role. Knowledge of repairs, maintenance and NATFED schedule of rate codes is preferred. You will be a great listener and will be able to process information quickly and be able look at the wider picture to make decisions. You will need a good level of numeracy, literacy and IT skills are advantageous as you will be expected to provide a comprehensive customer service to internal and external customers daily.
Experience of Outlook, Microsoft word and Microsoft Excel is essential although they are willing to get you up to speed with their fantastic training. You will have experience of telephone, front line and electronic repair requests, including dealing with the general public, tenants and external agencies and you will be able to accurately record information within agreed timescales. Moreover, you will have a good level of typing skills and someone who enjoys a challenge – we can guarantee you will never be bored!
Benefits included with the role as an Customer Service Officer include:
- c36.5 days leave a year with additional 2 days after 5 years’ service
- Healthcare Cash Back Plan worth up to £1,200 per year on your routine healthcare costs e.g. Dentist, opticians etc.
- Company Pension Scheme with contributions matched up to 7.5%; including life assurance
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay
- £250 for successful referral of a friend/family member as a Care Assistant or Support Worker
- Employee Recognition Scheme with monetary rewards
- Great learning & development and qualification opportunities
- Paid to train
- Discounted bus passes and gym membership, discounts and cashback at major retailers
- Free access to employee Advice Line; with a 24-hour confidential advice service
- Opportunities to join several networking and support groups e.g. LGBT Ally, Ethnic Minority Network, become a diverse champion etc.
- Fantastic flexibility and a great work/life balance
- Opportunities to attend colleague social events
As a Disability Confident and Equal Opportunities Employer, our client welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from black and minority ethnic (BME) groups and disabled candidates.
We very much welcome previous experience working as Customer Support, Customer Support Officer, Customer Service Officer, Customer Service Representative, Customer Services Agent, Customer Services, Customer Services Advisor, Customer Services, Customer Service Advisor, Contact Centre, Charity, Not for Profit, Customer Service, Call Handler, Adviser, Customer Service Adviser, Care Centre Adviser, Call Centre, Call Centre Advisor etc.