Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Engineer in Sky Technology. The Finance platform bills over 10 million customers every month, and this is an opportunity to work on high performance and volume solutions that require to be engineered to the highest quality.
This role will develop solutions to support Sky billing & payments as well as affordability and fraud management processes.
If you are an excellent communicator and have experience of software development in Java/J2EE we would like to hear from you. We are happy to discuss flexible working.
What You'll Do:
* Providing technical leadership to a team of engineers working cross-functionally in an agile environment.
* Driving the technical landscape of the Finance platform forward, investigating and recommending new technologies, tools and processes.
* Being a top-notch coder and expert in the Finance domain, capable of deep diving into implementation details of the diverse Finance platform landscape.
* Working closely with colleagues to ensure that the solutions we build are implemented to the highest standards.
* Contributing to the continuous improvement of how we work by being a positive and engaged member of the team.
What You'll Bring
* Development experience using Java / J2EE / Spring.
* A minimum of 8 years of software engineering experience.
* Some knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL and databases.
* Familiar with software development methods including Agile techniques and methods.
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to provide written & verbal updates tailored to your audience.
* Experience in leading small to medium sized software engineering teams in an Agile environment.
UK Tech: Our team focuses on technology strategy, design and delivery. From AI to 5G to Cloud, we work on the latest tech whilst building out our web presence and CRM systems for fixed and mobile networks. We're bold, proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative. Together, we're proud of the products and services we deliver for our customers.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where You'll Work:
Livingston Watermark House:
Our lively campus is a free shuttle bus away from Livingston South train station and the town centre. Plus there's onsite parking available for cars, motorbikes and bicycles.
You'll be well fed at our subsidised canteen, and you can keep in shape at our onsite gym. Or play a game of pool or table tennis.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we're open to discussing where and when you do your job, as long as we can balance your needs with those of our customers.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.