Senior Business Analyst
Senior Business Analyst
Delivering certainty through the power of experience
Dartford, some flexible remote working
Laing O'Rourke's 2025 Mission to become the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry is driven by innovation and with technical excellence in design, manufacturing and construction at its core.
Strong business analysis , requirements & scope management practices can help improve certainty of business outcomes whilst value engineering IT requirements to enable cost effective solutions.
The purpose of this role is to deliver business analysis skills and capabilities across a range of projects or business initiatives, by:
- Providing business analysis expertise to deliver high-quality requirements documentation needed by projects to ensure the scope can be defined clearly and managed effectively.
- Bringing tools & techniques for business analysis & requirements engineering (requirements development, management & assurance) to bear at LOR
- Collaboration with business stakeholders on maximising Business benefits through value engineered solutions (which may include alternatives to technology)
- The role will also support and guide business stakeholders through the project lifecycle, ensuring that they achieve their business goals through the delivery of effective solutions.
- 5+ years working as a Business Analyst
- Evidence of exposure to the full project lifecycle on multiple projects
- Experience of working on complex projects and transformation programmes involving broad-based business change
- Experience of facilitating workshops with the business, utilising a variety of business analysis techniques
- Experience of working closely with Project Managers to support effective resource, task and time management for BA deliverables
- Experience of working on agile projects
- Experience of Salesforce driven technology
- Experience of working under uncertain environments and against tight deadlines
- Experience of producing high quality outputs at different levels and for different audiences
Don't match all the criteria? We are open and always happy to hear from people with transferable skill sets and a commitment to learning.
We are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality - this is what our clients want. And at Laing O'Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it.
Laing O'Rourke's story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
Diversity & Sustainability:
We value and care about difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation.
We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel accepted, respected & valued for being themselves.
We have set out far-reaching global sustainability targets including a commitment to achieve equal numbers of men and women amongst our global staff by 2033. For more information, please visit: https://www.laingorourke.com/company/sustainability/diversity/
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, please email