Commercial Manager - Partnerships
Commercial Manager - Partnerships
Set in the beautiful Dorset countryside, Cloud Nine is the ultimate family escape. Combining glamping with exciting kids activities Cloud Nine offers the fun and magic of a festival with the best bits of the UK’s most-loved holiday parks.
We believe in putting family front and centre of every decision we make, to ensure every one of our guests has an unforgettable holiday.
Launched in 2020, we have big growth plans.
We are on the hunt for an experienced Commercial Manager with 5+ years previous sponsorship sales experience and track record of generating robust commercial partnerships and exceeding revenue targets.
You will be responsible for maximising our partnership revenues and delivering all commercial revenue streams across sponsorship, trade and catering. You will develop the sales strategy and own the sales process from start to finish and bring on board new partners as well as working with our existing partners. Guest experience is at the heart of every decision we make, so naturally you’ll be able to bring in partners that add magic and fun to our guests’ holidays.
You will have demonstrable experience and success working within the events, hospitality, travel or entertainment sectors. If you have experience within the family market, that will be particularly advantageous - we’d really love to hear from you! This is an exciting leadership role for an ambitious individual and your performance will be reviewed and rewarded on your ability to hit targets and manage a small team to make sales.
We embrace flexible working and the role will be required to attend 1 day per week in our Covent Garden (London) office, remote working the remaining 2 days of the week.
You’ll be reporting into our Senior Management Team (CEO, CFO and MD) with a strong day-to-day working relationship with Cloud Nine’s Heads of Departments.
As we’re building a new business, you’ll also be getting plenty of face time with our CEO and Senior Management Team - so, we’re looking for someone who is confident and comfortable working with all levels of the business.
You’ll lead the Cloud Nine Partnerships team and be tasked with recruiting and developing a strong team to help secure commercial revenues as the business grows. You’ll work collaboratively with Marketing, Event Management and Production departments. We're an ambitious company, who get stuck in to achieve our goals and business objectives.
You will be the sales lead for Cloud Nine. You’ll be responsible for launch our sales cycle for 2022, managing and exceeding targets.
What you’ll be doing?
- You’ll be the sales lead for Cloud Nine and take responsibility for meeting our commercial goals.
- You’ll be tasked with creation and delivery of our medium and long-term sales strategy
- You’ll be expected to build and manage a robust deal pipeline to forecast and secure revenues
- You’ll be delivering portfolio deals across multiple locations and negotiating multi-year terms.
- You’ll be introducing Cloud Nine to your existing network of brands and agencies.
- You’ll pick up current relationships and quickly forge new ones.
- You’ll immerse yourself in the family market, have a thorough knowledge of the agency landscape and latest marketing trends.
- You’ll be working closely with our other departments to elevate our guests’ experience and to ensure success for our partners.
Who are we looking for?
- You’ll have a proven track record of negotiating sponsorship or sales deals with reputable brand clients and/or experiential agencies.
- You’ll have exceptional client servicing skills and be comfortable negotiating with Marketing Directors and C-suite level clients.
- You’ll have an extensive database of warm contacts from your previous sales roles that you can leverage to the benefit of Cloud Nine.
- You’ll be comfortable reporting progress and presenting strategic updates to our Senior Management Team and wider team.
- You’ll be from a travel, family entertainment or events background.
- You’ll always aim to exceed targets and be on the look-out for new commercial opportunities.
- You’re not one to run away from a challenge. You’re happy rolling up your sleeves and going the extra mile to get the job done in true startup fashion.
- You love being part of a close-knit, small, sociable team.
Why work for us?
You’ll be joining a dynamic startup at an exciting time of growth where you can help shape the business. Being part of a small team you’ll get insights into the whole business structure.
Cloud Nine is built for families and so is our team. We support remote and flexible working.
Parttime - 3 days per week
Dependent on experience + competitive OTE
Please send your CV & cover letter to email@example.com