Assistant Director of Finance - PART TIME
THE COMPANY: Brewster Partners are delighted to be supporting a National Charity based in Sheffield to recruit a permanent part time Assistant Director of Finance to lead an existing finance team.
THE JOB: This role will take responsibility for all finance strategies, systems and processes and lead the finance team, you will also provide expert insight and support to the organisation on best practice in charity accounting ensuring all our statutory obligations are met, costing and pricing of new projects, services and products for viability and budget management.
You will also lead on all financial due diligence, internal audit and anti fraud and report directly to the CEO. The Assistant Director of Finance will be a member of the organisations dynamic and ambitious leadership team and contribute to ensuring that the organisation reaches it set objectives.
The role will be varied and you will also have to be prepared to roll up your sleeves and pick up the day to day processing of transactions if needed and to support junior members of the organisation.
Duties will include:
- Work collaboratively with the SMT and heads to develop our funding and financial strategy
- Produce annual budgets and long term financial
- Ensure Board Members, and funders receive accurate and meaningful finance reports
- Completing management accounts, forecasts, cashflows and budget reports
- Provide effective reporting enabling budget holders to manage their budgets and promote maximum value for money
- Lead on Group tax, payroll, statutory returns ensuring they are prepared accurately and submitted on time
- Liaising with auditors, bankers, Tax authorities, Charity and Company regulatory bodies
- Develop effective models for costing of products and services for bid budgets and funding proposals balancing the need to be both commercial and a social enterprise
- Act as Company Secretary for the organisation advising on best practice in charity governance
THE PERSON: This is a fantastic role that will require someone with outstanding communication skills and the ability to converse at all levels both internally and externally.
You will be an ACCA/ACA/CIMA or equivalent Accountant with experience of leading a finance team along with experience of setting up and improving financial management systems, controls and reporting.
You will need experience of pricing and costing in a complex environment as well as experience of contributing to the development of strategy, business plans and organisational development.
Ideally you will have experience of Group accounting, strong financial management skills and complex VAT along with an understanding of charity accounting.
Brewster Partners Office Support & Technical Recruitment is a division of the Brewster Partners Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in administration, business support, HR, sales, marketing and purchasing in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and the Midlands. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of office support and technical recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at Brewster Partners for more information.