The Commissioning Executive will work closely with the VP Original Content for Factual overseeing the development and creation of factual content for both the streaming platform discovery+ as well as the Factual linear channels, including Quest, DMAX and Discovery Channel. The Commissioning Executive will work with the commissioning team to manage individual productions on our large slate of Factual productions, partner with production companies on both development and shows in production including big talent led factual series and formats, features and Pop Docs, plus support content and commissioning strategy.
- To support the head of commissioning to develop factual and documentary content for discovery+ and linear channels, including Ques, DMAX and Discovery. To work with the VP of Original Content, and head of brands, to be able to message the needs of our platforms and our approach and attitude to our shows internally and externally. To partner with production companies to develop and create brilliant, noisy, talk about, factual and documentary content. To work with the VP of Original Content to help devise commissioning and content strategy. Be able to work flexibly and nimbly to the commissioning department, and willingness to learn how to work with internal stakeholders and to the needs of the wider business.
- Track record in recent factual content origination, in development and production.
- Proven creative, with robust and recent production and/or development experience, ideally to series producer, or above, level.
- Background in factual and documentary content.
- Proven record in developing and producing original factual series ideas from first series onwards.
- Familiar with compliance, budgets, schedules.
- Strong writing skills, proficient technically, digitally aware and active.
- Willingness to learn and operate flexibly in a global corporate environment and need for matrix management.
- An ability to work collaboratively at different levels.
- Knowledge of, or desire to learn about and love, our platforms and content.