To provide friendly, professional and efficient furniture repair, maintenance and reconfiguration services, together with miscellaneous handyman services and support to all users of MoD Whitehall Buildings
- Provide friendly, professional and efficient furniture repair, maintenance and fitting/ reconfiguration services, together with miscellaneous handyman services to all users of MoD Whitehall Buildings.
- Manage assigned Churn tasks.
- Ensure all responsibilities are complied with under Amey health, safety and environment policies.
- Assist Churn Manager and team in the scoping of work.
- Deliver continuous improvement within the scope of role and keep to key performance indicators.
· Fit/ reconfigure, maintain and repair a variety of furniture systems within MoD Main Building, including but not limited to; modular desking and associated chairs/ screens/ IT cradles/ monitor arms, secure cabinets, Historic Room and antique furniture, reception furniture, specialist orthopaedic furniture.
· Provide miscellaneous handyman works, including but not limited to; mounting notice boards, fitting pictures, repairing blind mechanisms, repair/ replacing paper towel holders, soap dispensers.
- Assist wider Churn team with the management of Churn related tasks on Concept system (CAFM) and Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) work.
- Porterage of furniture as and when required.
- Maintain workshop and store room standards.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of store room inventories.
- Undertake Churn project work, occasionally out of hours, as requested.
Essential Skills, experience and qualifications:
- Experience in furniture fitting and general office based handyman works.
- Minimum 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at C grade or better including Mathematics and English. However, it is desirable that candidates will have a professional qualification, ideally in a directly relevant discipline.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a customer service and office based environment.
- Experience and knowledge of furniture systems.
- MS Office suite experience and basic IT support skills.
- Knowledge of Concept CAFM Helpdesk software (desirable but training will be provided).
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- MoD DV security clearance required.
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.