Cleaning Working Team Leader
Are you interested in playing a crucial part in supporting the education of the next generation? An excellent opportunity to contribute to your community by keeping schools clean and ensuring students are safe.
Job Title: Cleaning Working Team Leader
Location: St Roch's Secondary School
Address: 40 Royston Road, Glasgow, G21 2NF
Salary: £10.00 per hour
Hours per week: 30 Hours
What will this role involve?
To provide and supervise a cleaning service that meets our contractual commitments. To include but not limited to tasks such as vacuuming, dusting, emptying bins, toilet cleaning, mopping. In line with the Amey way task system. Following best practice and health and safety regulations. To monitor service delivery outputs.
Training and people management of a team of cleaners. Working in line with cleaning best practice and health and safety regulations.
To provide a service and lead a team that's meets our contractual commitments:
- Supervisor cleaners within your team, carrying out basic people management activity
- Lead by example, demonstrate best practise at all times
- Always Undertake role in a professional and safe manner
- Work according to best practice guidelines I.E. ensuring the correct use of colour coded equipment
- Comply with internal and external HSEQ requirements RAMs and COSHH
- Carry out bi- weekly cleaning audits for internal improvements
- Provide a cleaning service that delivers to our client contractual requirements
- Use of Amey approved chemicals, machinery and consumables only
- Operate machinery safely and in line with the guidelines and training provided
- Train cleaners in Amey way modules including 6 monthly refreshers.
- To deliver good customer engagement ensuring client satisfaction
- Control stock levels and order consumables when needed
- Resolve any concerns or issues raised by team members or escalate to your people manager if you are not able to.
- Ensure that all duties are completed in the time provided to a high standard
- Deliver all remedial actions following independent audits
- Carry out any reasonable requests that are directed by your line manager
What do you need to be successful?
- Must have supervisor/ team leader cleaning experience, preferably within a school or commercial background
- Have good attention to detail
- Be able to work independently and use own initiative
- Demonstrate a reliable and responsible approach
- Welcome the opportunity to learn and support others
- Iosh managing safely
- Bics or equivalent training in service delivery
- 3 years+ industry skill
- Attention to detail
- A team member
- Good people skills
Amey is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to demonstrate this commitment in every aspect of their work. You will be required to undergo our enhanced PVG check before commencing employment - please let us know upfront on any queries should you have any.
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.