Contract Administrator - Part time
Main Purpose of Job
To provide administrative support within the office setting. Will be jointly responsible for completing admin tasks in relation to HR, Finance and operations work based in East Staffs.
The role is part-time which means that the employee will be required for 20 hours per week only. We offer any type of flexibility around your schedule that may fit you best.
General Office Administration
Contribute to the smooth running of the office, including but not limited to:
- Answering the telephone in a courteous and timely manner.
- Open, distributing and dealing with any post.
- Ensure that all visitors are treated in a pleasant, courteous and efficient manner and provide refreshments as and when required.
- Assist with the updating of all site notice boards.
- Help to arrange meetings, organise catering and take minutes as required.
- Ensure that office filing is maintained and records are archived correctly.
- Keep a diary or record of: dates of meetings, training sessions, review dates etc as required to assist managers.
- Use Outlook to send and collate e-mails as requested by Contract Managers.
- Administration support for the contract/ office Team. Collation of reports as and when required.
- Maintain and update the HR system accordingly.
- Assist managers with recruitment of operative staff: advertise and liaise with job centres, follow through application process.
- Issuing Contracts of Employment/ Seasonal Contracts/ Terminations.
- Liaise with HR and Payroll to ensure that they are kept informed of all staff changes (new recruits, salary changes, promotion, leaving dates) and training and development.
- Maintain HR personnel files for operational staff.
- Research and book training courses as requested. Keep holiday and sickness records.
- Record the issue of protective clothing and uniform to employees.
- Liaise with HR regarding disciplinaries and ensure HR input into the associated admin is taken up in a timely manner.
- Consolidate timesheets for approval by the Contract Manager/Operations Director and enter monthly timesheet data.
- Using Summit purchase order system from office; raising orders, inputting delivery notes and dealing with accounts queries.
- Help to ensure that accounts month end deadlines are met.
- Compile weekly financial reports on Excel.
- Keep up-dated on fixed contract charges: i.e. internal plant charges, vehicle lease and insurance costs.
- Check contract transaction costs on a monthly basis from printouts to ensure correct costs have been charged and organise corrections as necessary.
- Raise invoice input forms to send to accounts.
- Check payment certificates/recharges from the client to ensure payment will be received for all completed works.
- Record sales and variation schedules.
- Preparing information and research for regional tender or works.
- Provide admin assistance for the collation of regional tenders.
- Support other Contract Supervisors, Contract Managers and regional team as required.
Key Performance Indicators
- Contract admin is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Admin queries are dealt with promptly and responses communicated to the relevant parties.
- Contract office runs smoothly and outputs are consistent and of the standard required without the need for management intervention.
- All paperwork relating to changes in terms and conditions are submitted on time to Payroll by the monthly Payroll cut-off date.
Knowledge and Skills
- Proven track record in a busy admin role.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Packages, particularly Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- At least an NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in business admin.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of people.
- Demonstrable aptitude to utilise information technology including spreadsheets, email etc.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- You will have the ability to work professionally, efficiently, structured and organised.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Demonstrable ability to deal with difficult people.
- Dependable and conscientious.
- Capable of dealing with both routine and non-routine matters.
- Pays attention to detail, particularly with regard to recording of information to be used by others.
- Demonstrable ability to work as part of a team.