Bookkeeper (Part Time)
Offering extensive benefits, continued career progression, and an open-mind approach, Sopher + Co is a place where you can drive your career and ambitions forward. Our teams of professionals will assist you in achieving your career goals in an atmosphere of respect, understanding and full support.
Our business is to understand and add value to clients personal and business affairs. We are looking for a Bookkeeper on a Part time basis based at our Borehamwood practice. The role is ideal for someone who can transition into full time hours in the future.
Role responsibilities for the Bookkeeper:
- Recording clients' financial transactions
- Preparing appropriate schedules and reports as requested by Clients and Partners
- Completing and filing VAT returns
- Managing profit and loss statements and balance sheets
- Filing historical records and retrieving necessary documents
- Ensuring all client work is completed within applicable lodgement and work schedule deadlines
- Ensuring client assignments are completed in line with all relevant accounting standards
- Recording cash receipt and handling bank deposits
- Providing administrative and clerical support
- Other ad hoc duties
Requirements for the Bookkeeper:
- Previous professional practice experience in a similar role
- Solid understanding of accounting software, including proficient knowledge of Xero, Sage Line 50 and Caseware
- Good knowledge of VAT law and compliance
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel essential) and Outlook
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Strong time management skills, able to work to tight deadlines
- A keen eye for detail, teamed with the ability to spot any inaccuracies or duplications and provide resolutions
- Organised and commercially minded
- A high level of flexibility, professionalism and confidence
We offer a competitive package including extensive benefits for you and your family, a comfortable warm and friendly environment with great people and the chance to work with some of the most prestigious clients that no other family-based firm can offer.
Sopher + Co take pride in their employees and their achievements whilst praising and recognising hard work. We strongly believe in staff development and continuously encourage internal progression.