Lead DevOps Engineer
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the UKIS Platform Operations team that provides end-to-end support of Sky customer management platform for the full software development lifecycle. You'll join an ambitious, innovative team and build modern, scalable tools and platforms with cutting edge technology, supporting teams across Sky.
What you'll do:
As a Lead DevOps Engineer, you'll work with the latest technology to drive our platform and software development practices forward with passion and enthusiasm at scale.
* Lead DevOps technical design and delivery as the Technical Design Authority for assigned programmes and platform deliverables, driving best practice, aligning to and updating platform standards while driving continuous improvement and innovation.
* Drive technology and software development best practices with passion and enthusiasm continually evolving our capabilities by leading collaboration with and mentoring other team members.
* Design, build and maintain development tools and infrastructure owning planning, estimation & tasks while automating processes to improve development and release workflows.
* Establish and execute best practice to ensure systems are stable, secure and compliant while providing efficient production support and issue resolution.
* Provide dynamic development, stage and production environments while supporting our development teams to ensure they have the best facilities, researching and leading technical proof of concepts to drive the platform forward.
* Own and manage relationships with multiple suppliers and/or internal teams while actively developing and promoting the role of DevOps in Sky and externally.
What You'll Bring:
* Worked in enterprise scale operations environments using Scrum and Agile at a Senior or Lead Level.
* Excellent Linux administration skills a coupled with a sound knowledge of monitoring solutions.
* A track record of implementing and supporting of a wide variety of open-source technologies and tools, such as Ansible, Apache, Tomcat, Java, Jenkins, Spring, Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Istio.
* Ability to code and script in multiple languages and strong experience of using and supporting automation toolsets
* A sound understanding of networking principles
* A proven focus on business outcomes and strong mentoring/leadership skills to help others succeed.
UKIS Platform Operations provide core platform and environment services to development and delivery teams across the Sky customer management platforms for residential users as well as small and large businesses. Driving innovation and working closely with delivery teams while aligning to our core roadmap and principles of Culture, Resilience, Value and Measurement. We provide effective insights and analysis while putting automation at the very heart of what we do.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where You'll Work:
Livingston Watermark House
Our lively campus is a free shuttle bus away from Livingston South train station and the town centre. Plus there's onsite parking available for cars, motorbikes and bicycles.
You'll be well fed at our subsidised canteen, and you can keep in shape at our onsite gym. Or play a game of pool or table tennis.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work.
This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we're open to discussing where and when you do your job, as long as we can balance your needs with those of our customers.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.