Mechanical Technician - Energy from Waste.
What is the purpose of this role?
The Mechanical technician will support the Lead Mechanical Technician in maintaining all mechanical systems across the site.
Carry out both planned and reactive mechanical maintenance activities adhering to the plant safe systems of work.
Assist in delivering the Maintenance Teams KPI's.
What will this role involve?
- Perform planned and reactive maintenance on a wide range of mechanical equipment.
- Fault finding and rectifying problems on mechanical assets such as pumps, gearboxes and valves.
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance schedules (PPM's).
- Work to the site safety rules and safe systems of work (SSOW).
- Ensure compliance with appropriate Health, Safety, Quality & Environmental standards, policies and procedures.
- To assist with scheduled and unscheduled outage activities as required, to ensure all aspects of mechanical work are completed to program, in a safe and efficient manner.
- Complete accurate maintenance reporting within the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Develop and implement engineering procedures, instructions, method statements, risk assessments and guidance documents.
- Participate in the emergency call out rota where required.
What are we looking for?
* Recognised engineering apprenticeship to NVQ or equivalent level 3
* IOSH - Desirable
* Mechanical HNC - Desirable
Experience / Skills:
* Proven knowledge / experience working on the following aspects of mechanical systems:
o Valves - Parallel slide, Gate and Control valves
o Pumps / gearboxes
o Hydraulic and pneumatic systems
o High pressure steam equipment
o Awareness of Pressure Systems Safety Regulations (PSSR).
o Ability to read and work from mechanical drawings / documents.
* Experience / knowledge of safe systems of work including permit to work, method statements and risk assessments.
* Experience working in a fast-paced environment, often under pressure and working to tight timescales.
* Have the ability to fault-find and repair mechanical assets.
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.