Procurement Systems & Process Manager - 12 month FTC
Here at Amey we have an opportunity for an experienced Procurement Systems & Process Manager to join the Group Procurement team on a 12 month fixed term contract.
This newly created role reports directly into the Procurement Director and can be undertaken flexibly, but there may be requirements to visit Amey offices in Liverpool, Birmingham or London as required. This key management position will have responsibility for c£1.4bn spend across the Group and c.4,000 Suppliers
Ideally you will have large company, multi-site experience in a complex business environment. You will be experienced in strategic sourcing and procurement lifecycle and be able to confidently engage and influence a range of senior stakeholders across the Amey Group. Experience in social value would be advantageous but not essential.
- Define, implement and manage Amey procurement systems, processes, policies and controls in support of the group procurement strategy and operating model across the new Organisation
- Ensuring supply chain systems, processes, solutions and policies are fit for purpose, aligned with business need, represent lowest total cost, and deliver an optimal service to the highest quality
- Work closely with key stakeholders across functions and business units to understand, reflect and incorporate key requirements when developing Group Procurement systems and processes
- Ensure support and training are available to the Procurement team as well as colleagues within the business
- Ensure all Supply Chain and Procurement data is managed, maintained and administered across all systems and processes
- Develop and own all supply chain and procurement management information, dashboards and reporting
- Manage process, technology and reporting priorities
- Support the transition to the new Procurement Target Operating Model
- Lead the development and manage the deployment of new ways of working: Technology, process, procedures and KPIs
- Ensure all Supply Chain Management support services continually add demonstrable value to Amey's Procurement strategy, capability, and delivery.
- Work with the Procurement leadership team to identify potential process, systems and/or support issues; propose, implement and embed new ways of working
- Optimise the use of procurement systems and solutions to control and manage spend, centrally capture all required data (Contracts, Supplier information)
- Monitor and drive adherence to Group Procurement processes, policies and ESG Targets
- Support Source to Payment programme, collaborating with relevant stakeholders in designing and implementing the end-to-end process across Amey functional and operational business's units / contracts, ensuring solution aligns to target operating model principles whilst also identifying / implementing effective controls and performance management measures. Evaluate potential opportunities to improve efficiency of the existing end-to-end S2P processes / performance through use of existing technology solutions
- Own and manage transition road map / plan for all agreed improvements, including co-ordination with functional and business unit / contract owners
- Support the development and documentation of revised overarching (global) policies to support the successful transition to and implementation of S2P across Amey
- Working with functional and business unit leads identify level of resources required to successfully implement changes to the existing S2P processes across the business
What are we looking for from you?
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the mechanics in the S2P process stream and how these fit into the end-to-end financial process environment.
- Knowledge of the construction / infrastructure sectors (desirable)
- Working knowledge of financial systems (SAP S4/HANA, HFM-Hyperion, Payment platforms)
- Embrace and embody the Amey ways of working - of empower, engage and excel under the freedom to perform strategy, act as a role model
- Business acumen: Able to view the organisation at enterprise level.
- Influence and communications: Ensure effective communication of change across the whole business, communicates organisational strategic goals explaining rationale. Role modelling a range of influencing styles to interact with all business functions
- Visible Leadership: A leader, who drives a high-performance change culture across the organisation, leads from the front, highly visible, anticipates the future and motivates the business to embrace change, behaves in ways that encourage trust integrity and collaboration across the group.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience/qualifications
- A track record in managing procurement process, policy, technology and support activities as well as and high performing teams
- First class interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills
- Able to demonstrate the ability to influence, challenge and negotiate the wide range of knowledgeable clients, suppliers and colleague at board level
- Significant commercial procurement experience
- Experience in delivering exceptional procurement value in a complex environment, managing a diverse range of stakeholders and customers
- Ability to influence and challenge at a senior level both internally and externally