Senior Structural Engineer - Bridges
Amey has one of the strongest long span bridges teams in the UK entrusted with looking after some of the most complex suspension and cable stayed bridges across the country. Our team is currently working on a wide range of studies, investigations, inspections, assessments, repairs, renewals, and enhancements on major bridges at Severn, Forth and Erskine. In addition to the complex engineering involved our team lead the market in 'smart' bridges, using asset management systems, structural health monitoring, advanced data analytics, and automation to create self-monitoring smart bridges which learn from their own data and issue alerts to the team looking after them. We integrate this technology into the bridges and provide our clients with greatly needed enhanced reassurance and resilience for such critical assets.
Having won significant new contracts in the last 12 months, we are now looking to recruit a Senior Engineer into the Bridges Centre of Excellence team. This is an outstanding opportunity to work on some of the most unique and iconic bridges in the UK.
In a typical week you will:
- Plan, manage and deliver investigations, design and construction works.
- Plan, manage and coordinate the pre-construction stage of capital projects including Health and Safety aspects and managing complex structural designs in accordance with CDM.
- Manage a team of designers undertaking complex structural analysis (Lusas, Midas civil and by calculation etc.) and designing capital projects.
- Provide technical support to project stake holders throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Prepare estimates for future works.
- Project Manage maintenance projects from concept, design, construction and operation.
- Attend meetings and update Bridge Managers on scheme progress and financial updates.
What are we looking for from you?
- Chartered Civil or Structural Engineer (MICE / MIStructE) with experience at this level working on major bridge structures.
- Strong technical background and understanding of complex structural behaviour and analysis.
- Proven ability to plan and manage technical aspects of delivery of an extensive and highly complex portfolio of inspections, investigations, studies, assessments, design, and implementation.
- Proven ability to provide high level advice to clients on complex major bridge issues relating to behaviour, condition, safety, and resilience.
- Experience in managing projects in accordance with NEC forms of contract.
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey. If you're happy, you'll think better. It's a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that's why we've worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including.
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- Minimum 24 days holiday + bank holidays
- Additional leave purchase scheme
- Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental and a wide variety of other benefits you can tailor to suit your needs.
What else is better about working for Amey?
Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original, real-world thinking, then turning it into reality. Your solutions will have an impact, making a genuine difference to people's lives. It's what makes a career with us like unlike any other.
We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be you, because your individuality is an asset. You'll be surrounded by like-minded people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges.
You'll work in a team that is open minded and where every idea will count. You'll be stretched, but always supported. We'll recognise your hard work and look after your wellbeing too. You'll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.