Commercial Director, Technology Consulting
Credera is a high quality and ambitious technology consulting firm with a strong reputation for delivering complex technology transformation projects and programmes across the UK and internationally. We work for some of the biggest organisations in the UK and Europe.
Due to our phenomenal growth, Credera is now looking for a Commercial Director to work in our Sales & Marketing team and provide vital direction and execution of strategy as we continue our success. If you would like to play an integral part in our next stage of growth, then read on!
What you will do
We are looking for an experienced Commercial Director to promote and expand our commercial activity in support of our growth agenda. This will include planning, developing, and implementing commercial strategies that reflect the objectives and priorities of the firm based in the UK. These would maximise opportunities for generating net revenue, realising profit, and creating sustainable growth.
You will be in a leadership position in the firm – expected to be the authority for technology consulting industry trends and market conditions to provide strategic advice to senior management, and guidance to our sales, delivery, technology and operational functions. This will include identifying new commercial opportunities. The guidance provided will be backed up with data and modelling appropriate to the decisions being supported.
You will devise and collaborate with colleagues to oversee delivery of initiatives to improve top line revenue and reduce bottom line costs in sales and marketing activities. You will operate predominantly in a directing and influencing capacity for these initiatives, so will have excellent skills in collaboration and stakeholder management (upwards, sideways, and downwards). This will include working with the Marketing team as required to expand and position the Credera brand in support of the commercial strategies pursued.
As well as working with the CFO and team to set pricing policy and translating that into revenue and margin targets for the various parts of the sales organisation, you will be a crucial contributor in areas such as identification and development of new services for our clients, including defining the go-to-market strategies.
In addition to the strategic element of this role, there is a vital operational dimension in the form of leading or coaching sales teams in commercial negotiations with clients and partners as a credible, confident communicator with experience of the sales cycle.
The operations nature of this work and exposure to the UK / global business cycles means that a considerable degree of flexibility is needed in the role - identifying opportunities for improvement, prioritising and re-prioritising so that resource is spent in the area that will have biggest long-term positive impact for the firm.
This role offers flexible working: mostly remote (home-based), mostly office-based, or a combination of both from our offices in Leeds, London or Manchester and client offices around the country.
This is a full-time, permanent role as part of a distributed team, with internal customers and most colleagues located in Leeds, Manchester and (mainly) London.
We consider flexible ways of working that allow the best outcomes for our team and our stakeholders. Our culture is to build strong working relationships and to work closely to support each other. As such, you should expect some travel to Credera offices based on business needs.
- Develop and implement commercial strategies for sales and customer acquisition, according to company goals and objectives aiming to accelerate long-term growth.
- Defining commercial pricing strategies and models.
- Managing margin across industries, accounts, and types of work.
- Establishing and managing to credible budgets, and sales targets
- Preparing and managing revenue and budget forecasts across each industry sector.
- Managing performance of commercial activities using key metrics and preparing reports for the Board.
- Briefing, updating, and providing solutions on any commercial issues or risks.
- Developing appropriate commercial deals.
- Negotiating and providing escalation management support for contracts with suppliers and customers.
- Providing escalation point for customers/stakeholders on commercial issues.
- Conducting financial modelling as required.
Who you are
- Proven experience as a commercial director or other relevant role with extensive commercial experience.
- Demonstrated track record in sales and/or marketing.
- Ideally, you will have experience in technology consulting, however, someone with professional services experience could be equally successful.
- In-depth understanding of market research methods and analysis.
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial / budgeting processes.
- Excellent commercial knowledge and understanding partnered with a strategic mindset.
- Significant experience of sales modelling, underpinned by skills in analysis (probably using Microsoft Excel, Power BI, or similar), reporting and problem-solving.
- The ability to interact at all levels, building excellent working relationships – both internally, and externally with key clients and partners.
- Demonstrated track record of running a team, and being highly collaborative across team boundaries.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience as a user of BI tools.
- Experience working with marketing teams.
- Awareness of, or interest in Public Sector, Financial Services & Insurance, and Energy and Commercial industry trends.
Who we are
Credera is a consulting firm focused on technology strategy, transformation, cloud, data and engineering, with over 600 consultants around the globe. Our purpose is to make an extraordinary impact on our clients and our people.
We adhere to Credera core values of Integrity, Tenacity, People First, Excellence, and Humility at all times. Our inclusive culture has resulted in us receiving a number of Great Place to Work accolades, including the Excellence in Wellbeing Award 2020.
This is what you get in return
Along with a great company culture, Credera provides an exceptional compensation package including a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit plan.
Our consistent growth over the years and entrepreneurial environment provides an excellent platform to embark upon an exciting career path, where your contribution really counts, and we will recognise it. With personalised development opportunities, experienced colleagues around the globe and exciting client assignments, progression can be extremely rapid for high performers. We are a social bunch of people and connect as a team on a regular basis. You can also expect:
- A highly collaborative working environment and great rates of pay (including base salary and bonus potential).
- A range of flexible benefits consisting of wellbeing and lifestyle benefits.
- A commitment to your development & continuous growth of skills through one-to-one mentoring and wide-ranging hands-on experience.
- 25 days’ holiday and the ability to flex this to 30 days if you chose to do so.
- 2 days' CSR volunteering.
- Award-winning learning and development opportunities, including dedicated time and a wide range of choice in training courses.
- Choice of brand-new tech with personal budget to choose IT accessories & handset of your choice.
As a part of Omnicom Precision Marketing Group, our more than 600 consultants across the globe partner with some of the world’s best-known brands in a variety of industries, including clients ranging from FTSE 100 companies to large government departments, delivering strategy and execution leadership to create tangible business results. Credera’s deep business acumen and technical expertise, combined with a deep dedication to build trusted relationships, unlocks extraordinary business performance to our clients. Our mission is to make an extraordinary impact on our clients and our people. More information is available at www.credera.co.uk.