Finance Assistant part time contract
We own and manage c.7,000 homes in the East of England, working closely with other agencies and stakeholders within our communities.
It's a really exciting time to join us. We've recently launched our new corporate plan which sets out what we want to achieve over the next 5 years, with new strategies to support our ambitions. These build on the good foundations we have in place in being a customer-centric organisation, investing in our existing homes - including our zero-carbon journey - as well as building new homes.
We've also concluded a review of how we work in future, with options around home and office flexible working, as well as a generous annual leave allowance and other benefits.
We are looking for a part-time Finance Assistant working 20 hours on a 6-month contract to join the team here at Havebury. This role will ensure our tenants accommodation charges are appropriately updated on their rent accounts, and ensure completeness and accuracy of the posting of CX interface files into the general ledger.
Outline of key responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate posting of all tenant transactions to their tenant CX accounts.
- Responsible for the Housing Management system (Civica CX) and Finance system (SUN6) interface, ensuring all CX rent files are processed correctly adhering to the time-critical requirements.
- Supporting Accounts Assistant as and when required in rectifying mis-codings and educating staff to reduce future mis-codings.
- To provide cover for other team members when directed to on an as and when basis.
- Maintain and update procedure notes as and when processes change and ensure annual review of all procedure notes.
- Open and flexible around 20 hours but ideally covering Monday - Friday.
- This would be an ideal first finance role if you have high attention to detail
- Some experience within a finance role is desirable but not essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate and work collaboratively across the business
- Excellent team player
- Desire to continuously improve processes to deliver efficiency
- Experience in managing a range of priorities
- Positive attitude and flexible approach
- Excellent communication skills with a willingness to ask questions and seek assistance where necessary
In return, we are offering...
- An annual salary of GBP20,350 per annum, pro-rata.
- We have a flexible hybrid working offer, which is a mix of home and office working, in our office in Bury St Edmunds.
- Flexible working
- Annual Leave - 28 days per year pro-rata, (plus bank holidays) increasing to 32 days when you reach your 3rd year with us. To give greater flexibility around your holidays you can also buy, sell or carry over up to 5 days of annual leave each year
- Pension - between 5% - 10% dependant on individual contribution
- Life assurance - a payment of X3 your salary.
"We operate a no closing date policy and evaluate candidates upon application. Therefore, please apply without delay."
Please ensure you fully answer the questions on the application form