Project Manager - 12 months FTC
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
The Project Manager drives the successful delivery of improvements across all aspects of the Wholesale Ethernet service to achieve target KPIs and SLAs. This role scopes, plans and delivers changes to the Wholesale Ethernet services, working closely with Technology and Business stakeholders.
What you'll do:
* Manage execution of service improvement initiatives and changes from beginning to end, ensuring delivery dates are met across all the impacted technology and business teams.
* Work closely with the business and technology stakeholders to define, agree, and document scope of work and deliverables.
* Lead delivery planning and work closely with development teams to estimate and define project plans and dependencies.
* Provide effective and regular communication of project plans, updates and RAID, raising any challenges in a timely manner.
* Manage changes to scope, working with relevant teams to impact assess and communicate impacts on timelines or priorities to Management and stakeholders.
* Track deliverables and other dependencies end to end in line with the planned dates.
What you'll bring:
* Proven software project management experience with understanding of project delivery best practices.
* Excellent people & communication skills - can work with a diverse range of personalities and seniority, credible with different audiences within technical, product and commercial communities.
* Knowledge and experience of working with agile scrum software development teams.
* Knowledge of tracking and reporting tools, experience with JIRA is desirable.
* Strong stakeholder management skills; building relationships with the ability to facilitate decision making and escalation of risk, with proven experience of facing off to senior management.
* Previous experience with telco products and services desirable.
UK Tech: Our team focuses on technology strategy, design and delivery. From AI to 5G to Cloud, we work on the latest tech whilst building out our web presence and CRM systems for fixed and mobile networks. We're bold, proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative. Together, we're proud of the products and services we deliver for our customers.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
* Free access to NOW, for streaming all your favourite shows
* A generous pension package
* Private healthcare
* Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There's also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you'll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.