Here at Amey we have a fantastic opportunity for a Bid Writer to join our Transport Infrastructure Work Winning Team.
You will help develop high-quality, customer-focused and compliant bid submissions and content. Supporting our Bid Directors and Bid Managers, you will work as part of a team of Proposals Managers and Graphic Designers to produce winning bid submissions that are accurate, consistent, and aligned to the client's requirements.
Ideally you will have at least 3-5 years' experience of bid writing and in return we offer a competitive package with opportunities for career progression.
We offer a modern approach to work/life balance, with flexible working arrangements to suit you and opportunities to work both remotely and in an office environment as appropriate throughout the bid lifecycle.
This is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career in bidding in a structured environment, with talent management and succession planning built in.
- Produce high-quality and customer-focused written material, including drafting content from scratch and in line with our house style; conveying complex ideas and solutions clearly and succinctly
- Act as the lead writer on PQQs and bids, including authoring key responses and working with Bid Directors / Bid Managers to help draft executive summaries for strategic opportunities
- Engage Bid Managers and embed themselves into TI bid teams to challenge solutions, enhance the overall quality of our proposal and manage quality deliverables in line with the bid programme
- Provide structural, written and editorial support to bid teams, helping operational contributors to produce compliant yet engaging technical content that hits the mark for the evaluator
- Review client documents to gain a full understanding of tender requirements and the required bid strategy, raising any points for clarification or further review by the Bid Manager
- Support development of the bid value proposition, win themes and/or client 'hot buttons', and ensure these are articulated effectively within our quality submission
- Monitor the overall quality of written content as it progresses; ensuring TI WW best practice processes are followed to produce highly readable, high scoring documents that maintain a consistent 'voice' throughout
- Provide creative flair in the presentation, style and structure of written content for PQQs and bids
- Challenge traditional thinking and offer innovative ideas to ensure our bids stand out from the competition
- Plan and manage workload effectively, setting and adhering to realistic deadlines in completing written tasks
- Input to writing planning/storyboarding workshops and bid reviews, in line with TI WW bidding best practice
- Demonstrate competence in interviewing technical staff and undertaking research to obtain the necessary information to produce compelling responses
- Maximise 'readability' through excellent written communication skills, using 'Plain English', the active voice and a concise writing style
- Carry out final editing and proofreading of quality responses prior to submission for consistency and accuracy
- Educate bid teams on best practice, e.g. facilitating workshops on subjects such as effective bid writing
- Experience in a relevant business sector or profession (e.g. construction, journalism, publishing)
- Experience of public or private sector bid / proposal writing would be preferable
- Experience in other relevant writing and editorial roles (e.g. marketing and communications)
- Excellent writing, editorial and proofreading skills, demonstrating a commitment to accuracy and consistency
- Proven written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with staff at all levels of seniority
- Strong time and project management skills, prioritising and managing tasks effectively to agreed deadlines
- Commitment to being a core part of a bid team, seeing bids through from start to finish
- Confidence in supporting or facilitating writing planning / storyboarding, value proposition and win theme workshops, ensuring outputs help to differentiate Amey from the competition
- Collaborative in nature, sharing learning and best practice for the good of the business
- Able to remain calm under pressure and maintain the highest quality deadlines in the face of tight deadlines
- Self-motivated in setting achievable objectives and taking responsibility for their completion
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 packages (Outlook, Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Excel
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.