Here at Amey we have a fantastic opportunity for a Proposals Manager to join our Transport Infrastructure Work Winning Team.
You will lead the development of high-quality, customer-focused, compliant and bid winning content and quality submissions, act as 'quality lead' lead on individual bids and PQQs and manage a team of proposals professionals..
You will have wide ranging experience of public sector bidding across multiple sectors over a period of 5+ years, and in return we offer a competitive package with opportunities for career progression. Experience of bidding in the highways and rail sectors would be beneficial.
We offer a modern approach to work/life balance, with flexible working arrangements to suit you and opportunities to work both remotely and in an office environment as appropriate throughout the bid lifecycle.
This is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career in bidding in a structured environment, with talent management and succession planning built in.
- Plan and manage the development of high-quality, customer focused PQQ and bid submissions
- Provide inspirational leadership in coaching and mentoring bid writers, wider proposals resources and bid team members to achieve high-scoring responses which win work for the TI business
- Analyse and interpret bid team/customer requirements and help to develop value propositions and service offerings to support new opportunities
- Facilitate the content planning and review processes on behalf of TI bid teams to ensure responses are structured in line with question requirements and marking criteria, are easy to evaluate and persuasive
- Oversee all content generation on individual tenders, delivering an efficient and high-quality service to bid teams, including proposals management, bid writing, graphic design and bid production.
- Act as the champion for the proposals management process, based on Pursuit principles and the Shipley process, to help ensure high levels of bid team engagement and compliance
- Work with the Bid Lead to develop and write individual 'Proposal Management Plans' for every strategic bid
- Run capture and win strategy sessions to help bid teams to define customer hot buttons, Amey differentiators and key messages and win themes
- Effective and efficient management of bid related content and knowledge across the TI work winning sectors.
- Develop and manage individual bid writers, fostering an environment of best practice and continual improvement
- Help develop bid writing and reviewing competencies in operational staff
- Work with individual Bid Leads on each strategic tender, ensuring the evidence is aligned to individual client requirements, whilst producing high scoring technical response content that win bids.
- Act as a reviewer and editor for bid submissions, feeding back to the Bid Lead and section authors on the quality and content of the bid and providing advice on how to improve responses.
- Carry out bid writing activities as required for strategic bids
- Work with the Bid Lead and Head of Quality for Work Winning on the production of tender executive summaries for strategic opportunities
- In depth understanding of the bidding process in a fast-paced environment - preferably in highways or rail
- Knowledge of public sector procurement processes and bidding best practice (including knowledge of Shipley principles).
- Excellent and inspirational leadership, communication and customer interface skills.
- Able to develop and maintain excellent working relationships at all levels.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (SharePoint, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Process oriented, organised and thorough.
- Experience of keeping track of multiple, complex, time-phased activities.
- Strong time management skills with ability to prioritise.
- Strong project management and application of processes and knowledge to achieve objectives.
- Ability to facilitate capture and writing planning workshops to develop winning solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Creative, with an enquiring mind - not afraid to challenge ideas or ask probing questions of bid teams.
- Able to embrace change and drive continual improvement.
- Commitment to see job through from start to finish.
- Team player, keen to help others to achieve
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent, but not essential with relevant experience.
- Association of Proposals Management Professionals Foundation Level (ideally working towards Practitioner).
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.