Business Affairs Manager
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.The Business Affairs Manager will undertake commercial negotiations and review commercial considerations relating to a range of non-scripted Sky Original productions across Sky Max, Sky Documentaries, Sky Nature, Sky Crime, Sky Kids and Sky Arts. As part of the Sky Content team, you will help deliver its growth strategy and ambitions to bring to screen the best stories from the best talent.What you'll do:
- Negotiate commercial terms for the commissioning of independent producers on Sky Original titles.
- Facilitate multi-party financing arrangements on co-production, including co-ordinating deals with international partners and distributors to ensure successful completion and delivery.
- Collaborate with production and finance teams to approve budget and finance plans and identify and handle production risks.
- Be part of a dedicated creative and commercial Sky Content team, working collaboratively with editorial and production colleagues on key business and commercial issues, and delivering effective solutions.
- Be involved with projects at an early stage to identify potential commercial and business issues to ensure projects are structured in the best interests of Sky.
- Be commercially astute, and plan to achieve business objectives.
- Proven experience in content commissioning and/or production in the television industry in a similar role, e.g. at a producer or broadcaster
- Experience in related matters such as financing, tax credits and distribution
- Excellent deal-making, negotiating, analytical, problem solving, written and verbal communication, and positive relationship management skills.
- Sound commercial and business acumen and judgement
- The ability to work to tight time frames across multiple projects, remaining calm and focus on delivering effective solutions
- Strong commercial skills and an ability to think strategically, run priorities across multiple genres and exercise good judgement.
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences