Real Estate Portfolio Manager
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief People Office
Inmarsat’s Chief People Office (CPO) comprises a HR Business Partnering function who deliver people services with the support of the Centres of Excellence – Reward, Resourcing, HR Services & Systems, Organisational Effectiveness, Engagement & Communication and Real Estate & Facilities. Our purpose is twofold; to drive business performance and enabling our people to be brilliant.
Primary role purpose:
You will be working directly for the occupier, assisting with the management of a global real estate portfolio. The portfolio includes serviced offices, owned and leased offices, industrial/warehouse locations and owned land. Experience with these asset classes is preferred. This is an excellent opportunity for a recently qualified or soon to be qualified RICS professional.
- Assist in the preparation of business cases, follow up on internal feedback and approvals
- Research and collate relevant data to support RE initiatives
- Assist in the delivery of capital investment projects
- Assist with acquisitions and closing/downsizing of offices
- Monitor lease events and project timelines
- Writing minutes for project meetings and following up on action points
- Updating and managing data on ProLease and advising on improving processes for data storage and management
- Assisting on the implementation of global real estate policy changes and being the first point of contact for internal stakeholder queries
- Correctly assigning and responding to RE queries from internal colleagues
- Assisting with admin of real estate leases & reviewing key terms in accordance with agreed HOTs
- Assist with appointing new vendors
- Working with internal and external teams on a global cost reduction programme initiatives
- Prepare reports and presentations as agreed, to support various projects
- Help promote Corporate Real Estate across internal communication channels
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good knowledge of commercial property leases, understanding the landlord and tenant relationship, key lease terms and how they impact the organisation
- Understanding of UK and international property legislations is preferred
- Excellent problem solving skill
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Proactive approach to continuously improving internal processes and service delivery to internal stakeholders
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently
- This is an excellent opportunity for a recently qualified or soon to be qualified RICS professional.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with ProLease or other property management software
- Background experience and proficiency in Excel
- Experience using CAD or a similar software
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do