Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Sports: "Our team is responsible for building Sky Sports' mobile and web applications. We have millions of users who come back day after day to access our incredible content. We're looking forward to welcoming someone new to our friendly team" - Dan Carter, Senior Engineering Manager
What you'll do:
* Perform analysis to validate assumptions and ensure all requirements are identified and unambiguous
* Collaborate closely with the Product, Solutions Architecture and Design (UX/UI) teams to help build innovative applications and platforms used by millions of Sky customers
* Document requirements in the form of Epics and User Stories with Acceptance Criteria, and supported by background context, business rules, process/data models etc.
* Work with the Product Leads and the development squads to build and maintain a well-refined backlog
* Ensure both functional and non-functional requirements are considered
* Interact with developers and testers daily to ensure business objectives and user needs are properly understood, considered and implemented
* Contribute to and help cultivate focused Agile working practices, assisting the Scrum Master in daily tasks and participating in or leading ceremonies
What you'll bring:
* Practical experience of a range of Agile analysis techniques
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate at both a technical and non-technical level and handle ambiguity with ease
* Great collaboration and facilitation skills. You should have the ability to get the best out of people and develop effective working relationships with colleagues at all levels
* Awareness of app and web development technologies, techniques and practices
* Ability to work across multiple work streams and projects at any given time
* Capability to work in an ambiguous environment, being able to work independently in order to achieve successful results
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
* Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
* A generous pension package
* Private healthcare
* Discounted mobile and broadband
* Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:
Our spacious tech hub is under a mile away from Leeds train station, with free water taxis available from Granary Wharf. There's also plenty of parking in the surrounding streets and at the nearby CitiPark.
You can also blow off steam over a game of pool or table tennis and stay fit at our subsidised gym.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.