Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
As a Trading Manager you will be responsible for delivering in quarter performance targets. You will need to understand all commercial KPIs across your channel, provide insights into performance and create ideas and recommendations to optimise P&L performance.
What you'll do:
- Deliver consistent, quality analysis daily / weekly across your channel to understand factors that positively and negatively impact in quarter P&L performance; working closely with Base Management, Trading Performance and Customer Service teams to ensure delivery of appropriate recovery or improvement plans.
- Find innovate ways for us to drive performance across products by understanding levers to improve performance.
- Working closely with Regional Hub Managers to corroborate quantitative and qualitative analysis with a bigger picture lens. You will be able to explain drivers of performance succinctly and in a timely way to senior stakeholders
- Lead end to end P+L view of your channel across a number of sites and products
- End to end ownership of planning in your channel - including interpreting the Commercial Plans and creating a clear plan for the Operation
- Work on strategic projects where you seek to identify and size opportunities across products in your channel. Form recommendations and present to senior stakeholders
- Involved in the delivery and execution of new TV, Cinema/Sports, Broadband and Mobile propositions specific to your channel
What you'll bring:
- Deep understanding of data with the ability to link quantitative and qualitative inputs to produce actionable insights and recommendations.
- You will be required to have advanced tableau and excel skills; ability to mine data sets to create reusable views and forecast modelling to build business cases.
- Credible communicator and able to present work to your Trading Lead and Head of Trading, with excellent presentation skills (written and verbal). Ability to link quantitative and qualitative inputs to create meaningful storytelling in PowerPoint with a clear layout that conveys a concise story.
- Tireless and results driven mentality, able to continually critique and optimise performance with a positive mind-set in a high profile, pressurised environment
- Able to work across a matrix organisation with the product owners, trading functions and Customer Service delivery and support teams to ensure the Sky leadership team makes informed and timely trading decisions
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.