We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Occupational Therapist who has a passion for palliative rehabilitation.
You will be working for a charity that supports people through the most difficult times of their lives. Whether that’s a terminal illness, the loss of a loved one or a neurological condition – they’re there when it matters. Their doctors, nurses and carers give people the compassion and expert care they need to help them live the best life they possibly can.
Position: Occupational Therapist
Location: St John's Hospice, Moggerhanger, Bedford
Hours: Part Time, 22.5 hours per week (Over 3 days)
Salary: £32,975 - £37,967 per annum, pro rata
About the role:
As an Occupational Therapist you will be working within a hospice for people aged 18 and over who are living with conditions like cancer, heart failure and lung disease. You will play a vital role in identifying life roles and activities that are meaningful to patients and planning care to address barriers to perform these activities.
You will support people through the most difficult times of their lives. Whether that’s a terminal illness, the loss of a loved one or a neurological condition.
You will be an experienced practitioner with a broad knowledge base and experience of working in a wide variety of clinical fields. As Occupational Therapist you will will be able to demonstrate knowledge of palliative care interventions, strong communication and inter-personal skills and the ability to work well within a close multi-disciplinary team.
You will bring with you the following essential qualifications and experience:
- Highly specialist knowledge and application of therapy assessments and interventions using complex level clinical reasoning
- Experience of evidence based practice and outcome measures
- Motivational skills and goal setting for personalised care
- An ability to work autonomously and to set own and others’ priorities
- An ability to assess and manage risk in relation to therapist/therapy service performance
- Excellent advanced communication skills
- Diploma / BSC (Hons) in Occupational Therapy (OT)
- Registered with Health and Care Professionals Council
- Current registration with Professional Body e.g. BAOT
- Member of a Professional Specialist Interest Group e.g. HOPE
- As well as knowing what you do makes a huge difference to people at the most difficult times of their lives, you will also receive a fantastic benefits package, including:
- 25 days holiday - rising to 30 with length of service plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Competitive enhanced pay for nights, weekends and public holidays
- NHS holiday honoured up to a maximum of 30 days (Terms and Conditions apply)
- Company pension scheme and continuation of NHS pension(Terms and Conditions apply)
- Enhanced maternity and paternity benefits
- Enhanced sick pay
- Cash referral bonus scheme
- Carer’s leave policy
- 24 hour employee assistance line for free advice on work, family and personal life
- PeoplePerks - discounts with hundreds of retailers and services
- Staff discounts of 15% at the charity’s online shop
- Cycle to work scheme
- Staff loans and company car loans
- Free parking, subsidised meals & drinks
- Wellbeing centre and free will writing service
- Development opportunities for all through our structured development framework