*Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.*
Would you like to work for one of the most successful and secure companies within the UK Infrastructure industry with a vision to be a market leader across all of the sectors in which we operate?
Morgan Sindall provides national infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. While we are best known as engineering experts, working in sectors as diverse as nuclear, rail, water, energy, highways, and aviation, our UK wide business provides a wealth of different support function roles within human resources, commercial, IT, innovation, design, work winning / business development, safety, health, environment and quality (SHEQ), communications, procurement, and finance.
With talented people as the key to our success we operate a culture whereby personal and professional development are at the forefront of our efforts to attract and retain the best people in the industry. We are a community of diverse individuals with shared goals and a strong, supportive, and inclusive culture. Collectively, our people play an invaluable role in shaping the UK’s infrastructure and contributing to our long-term sustainable growth.
We are looking for people to join our team who not only have relevant qualifications and skills, but who understand and value our culture of pride and connection.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Highways business unit for an ambitious and talented Information Manager.
The Information Manager will develop and implement solutions which embed digital/BIM information management processes and practices which support a digitally led business unit approach.
You will facilitate the adoption of lean/innovative digital ways of working which will remove duplication and wasteful processes and practices in project delivery. Working collaboratively with the Quality team, you’ll establish requirements and assurance for information delivery and co-ordination across projects.
You’ll support the requirements and governance of the Common Data Environment (CDE) and proactively enable project delivery teams including the supply chain to work in a co-ordinated way aligned with CDE requirements and ISO 19650.
- To assist the Project Manager with the control of information on a project.
- To run the Document Control and IMS functions
- Will take responsibility for delivering specific tasks, goals and objectives. They will work under direction and refer significant decisions but will be able to work without day to day support. They are expected to work proactively and deliver defined tasks to an industry standard.
- They are accountable for the performance of a small team.
- Write and maintain BEP throughout the working life of the project and quality check model, document and data entries are compliant with set standards.
- Support and implement the project or programme level Master Information Delivery Plan (MIDP) and co-ordination of alignment of scheme level Task Information Delivery Plans (TIDPs)
- Provide process and information management requirements for information delivery.
- Establish through collaboration information delivery and process requirements for project teams, including the supply chain.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key digital stakeholders and suppliers across the company, management systems and the supply chain.
- Pilot and deploy site data & quality collection systems on projects.
- Model coordination and interrogation, ensure models work together (federate as necessary), maintain master model, ensure information remains interoperable, clash detection, quality checks, data conversion.
- Connect Digital Engineering to site activities and be instrumental in its adoption and execution.
- Identify, capture, export and report key data from working models, site records and project information environments
- Actively review models identify scope gaps and to smooth processes.
- Creating visuals from models for team use or to proactively highlight issues.
- Have an understanding of quality management systems and knowledge of digital handover process.
- Working knowledge of BS/PAS1192/ ISO19650.
- Experience using Revit or Civil 3D, and Navisworks.
- Additional requirements that would be beneficial:
- Experience of Common Data Environments like ProjectWise, Viewpoint for Projects, Business Collaborator or BIM 360.
- Autodesk Navisworks Manage Autodesk Recap an advantage
- Other CAD or BIM software experience would also be beneficial but not essential including Asta power project & Synchro.
- Power Bi experience would be beneficial
About the Highways Team:
The UK’s strategic and local road infrastructure is a vital asset for communities and businesses, supporting economic prosperity and social connectivity.
As a major tier 1 contractor and framework partner, we play a key role in providing multi-faceted engineering services to keep these vital arteries running, ensuring smoother, safer, less congested journeys for everyone.
Our teams work on complex, high-profile national motorways, trunk road schemes as well as local authority road networks to deliver comprehensive, integrated services including design and build. These infrastructure solutions are enhanced by our complementary tunnelling and bridge design and build capabilities.
Whether working on Early Contractor Involvement (ECI) schemes or construct only works, we always endeavour to share best practice and deliver progressive solutions by engaging as early as possible with our customers to maximise innovation, efficiency, and cost savings.
Driving improvement across our road network
- Delivering projects to improve road journeys for millions of people every day
- Providing improved and new access to areas for development and employment opportunities, promoting economic growth
- Implementing hard shoulder running (HSR) and introducing smart motorway technology to give reduced vehicle emissions, increased journey time reliability and cost savings of around 40 per cent compared with conventional schemes.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
We can potentially consider certain types of flexible working in this role for the right candidate, subject to meeting business needs.