Development & Training Manager
Development & Training Manager (30 hours per week)
Location: Rugby & national travel
*Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.*
Would you like to work for one of the most successful and secure companies within the UK Infrastructure industry with a vision to be a market leader across all of the sectors in which we operate?
Morgan Sindall provides national infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. While we are best known as engineering experts, working in sectors as diverse as nuclear, rail, water, energy, highways, and aviation, our UK wide business provides a wealth of different support function roles within human resources, commercial, IT, innovation, design, work winning / business development, safety, health, environment and quality (SHEQ), communications, procurement, and finance.
With talented people as the key to our success we operate a culture whereby personal and professional development are at the forefront of our efforts to attract and retain the best people in the industry. We are a community of diverse individuals with shared goals and a strong, supportive, and inclusive culture. Collectively, our people play an invaluable role in shaping the UK’s infrastructure and contributing to our long-term sustainable growth.
We are looking for people to join our team who not only have relevant qualifications and skills, but who understand and value our culture of pride and connection.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Highways business unit for an ambitious and talented Development & Training Manager.
The Development & Training Manager will manage the formation and implementation of Learning & Development strategy for the Business Unit.
Reporting to the HR Business Partner this role will work with the Business Unit and wider MSI HR/ Land D teams. Provide support and challenge for line managers to foster a learning culture across the business and to support them with the development of their teams
- Possessing a CIPD accredited Learning & Development would be desirable
- Demonstrates a good level of influencing and persuasion skills at all levels
- Full UK driving licence – role may require national travel from time to time
- DISC or equivalent behavioural profiling qualification – desirable but not essential
- Experience and practice of diagnosis, design, delivery and measurement of learning and development initiatives is desirable
- Previous experience desirable of supporting talent management activities through designing and developing aligned learning and development solutions
- Previous experience of using behavioural assessment tools to support learning and development interventions would be desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of industry skills ,apprenticeships and technical training is desirable
About the Highways Team:
The UK’s strategic and local road infrastructure is a vital asset for communities and businesses, supporting economic prosperity and social connectivity.
As a major tier 1 contractor and framework partner, we play a key role in providing multi-faceted engineering services to keep these vital arteries running, ensuring smoother, safer, less congested journeys for everyone.
Our teams work on complex, high-profile national motorways, trunk road schemes as well as local authority road networks to deliver comprehensive, integrated services including design and build. These infrastructure solutions are enhanced by our complementary tunnelling and bridge design and build capabilities.
Whether working on Early Contractor Involvement (ECI) schemes or construct only works, we always endeavour to share best practice and deliver progressive solutions by engaging as early as possible with our customers to maximise innovation, efficiency, and cost savings.
Driving improvement across our road network
- Delivering projects to improve road journeys for millions of people every day
- Providing improved and new access to areas for development and employment opportunities, promoting economic growth
- Implementing hard shoulder running (HSR) and introducing smart motorway technology to give reduced vehicle emissions, increased journey time reliability and cost savings of around 40 per cent compared with conventional schemes.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
We can potentially consider certain types of flexible working in this role for the right candidate, subject to meeting business needs.