Receptionist / Administrator
Receptionist / Administrator (site based, duration approx. until March 2023)
Location: Wyndham, Norwich
*Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.*
Would you like to work for one of the most successful and secure companies within the UK Infrastructure industry with a vision to be a market leader across all of the sectors in which we operate?
Morgan Sindall provides national infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. While we are best known as engineering experts, working in sectors as diverse as nuclear, rail, water, energy, highways, and aviation, our UK wide business provides a wealth of different support function roles within human resources, commercial, IT, innovation, design, work winning / business development, safety, health, environment and quality (SHEQ), communications, procurement, and finance.
With talented people as the key to our success we operate a culture whereby personal and professional development are at the forefront of our efforts to attract and retain the best people in the industry. We are a community of diverse individuals with shared goals and a strong, supportive, and inclusive culture. Collectively, our people play an invaluable role in shaping the UK’s infrastructure and contributing to our long-term sustainable growth.
We are looking for people to join our team who not only have relevant qualifications and skills, but who understand and value our culture of pride and connection.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Highways business unit for an ambitious and talented Receptionist within the Concrete Roads Framework.
The Receptionist will be the first point of contact for the office dealing with all enquiries, whether in person or by telephone. This will involve operation of the telephone switchboard and liaison with the staff, internal and external customers and other stakeholders including members of the public.
- General Receptionist duties
- Provide administrative assistance to all office staff
- Entering plant and materials on Coins OA
- Scanning & saving plant and material tickets on Sharepoint
- Logging & scanning of requisitions from site team
- Completing relevant paperwork for call off orders and liaising with suppliers for costs.
- Sending relevant paperwork for materials and plant requisitions to Head Office for processing
- Logging & chasing weekly vehicle logs
- Answer enquiries and requests and handle them courteously and appropriately or pass to a relevant member of the team
- File and retrieve company documents, records and reports and ensure all filing up to date and well-managed
- Create and modify documents using word processing, spread sheet, database and/or other presentation software such as Microsoft Office
- Support staff in assigned project‐based work
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of company and customer information
- In all actions be a positive and helpful ambassador for the company, giving others confidence in Morgan Sindall
- Ensure that internal company relationships with other departments, offices and business units/regions are positive and supportive
- Be prepared to take additional responsibility, where you see it is necessary, to support the department/function or the office staff in general
- Offer ideas for improving the service you offer or the processes for which you are responsible for
- Good standard of education either GCSE level or equivalent (NVQ level 2)
- Experience of delivering an excellent customer service
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
- Prior experience within a Receptionist / Administrative / Customer Service role
About the Highways Team:
The UK’s strategic and local road infrastructure is a vital asset for communities and businesses, supporting economic prosperity and social connectivity.
As a major tier 1 contractor and framework partner, we play a key role in providing multi-faceted engineering services to keep these vital arteries running, ensuring smoother, safer, less congested journeys for everyone.
Our teams work on complex, high-profile national motorways, trunk road schemes as well as local authority road networks to deliver comprehensive, integrated services including design and build. These infrastructure solutions are enhanced by our complementary tunnelling and bridge design and build capabilities.
Whether working on Early Contractor Involvement (ECI) schemes or construct only works, we always endeavour to share best practice and deliver progressive solutions by engaging as early as possible with our customers to maximise innovation, efficiency, and cost savings.
Driving improvement across our road network
- Delivering projects to improve road journeys for millions of people every day
- Providing improved and new access to areas for development and employment opportunities, promoting economic growth
- Implementing hard shoulder running (HSR) and introducing smart motorway technology to give reduced vehicle emissions, increased journey time reliability and cost savings of around 40 per cent compared with conventional schemes.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
We can potentially consider certain types of flexible working in this role for the right candidate, subject to meeting business needs.