Digital Collaboration & Engagement Support (Highways England Secondment)
Reporting to the Head of Digital and Information Management, you will support the adoption of whole Alliance on BIM implementation and digital ways of working which enable efficient and effective collaboration across Alliance Members and supply chain. You’ll, use, develop and maintain a framework for digital and information management competency aligned with Alliance maturity plans and Project 13, and act as advocate and change agent to nurture digital ways of working across teams and reporting on the benefits and outcomes aligned to Business Realisation Plan.
You’ll play a key role in promoting, educating and assessing the digital and information management competency. This will be achieved through;
• Engaging Production teams and Alliance Partners to implement meaningful and regular digital competency assessment
• Undertaking competency assessments of the Supply Chain (inc working with the Commercial Team to select/ assess supply chain partners)
• Working collaboratively with other workstreams to determine, develop, publish and maintain appropriate content of training materials for Alliance Members and Supply Chain
• Working collaboratively with the Alliance Communications team to communicate updates and news to be shared across the alliance on the progress of BIM/Digital implementation with case studies benefits
You’ll act as the Stakeholder Change Agent (Champion) for the adoption of digital tools and systems and ways of working. This will involve;
• Supporting engagement with Alliance teams and suppliers to achieve optimum use of Alliance information management systems such as the Business Information Framework (BIF),the Common Data Environment (CDE) and the Alliance Microsoft 365 environment just to name a few systems at this time
• Supporting engagement with the Scheme PMO Leads and Production teams to co-ordinate and deliver effective adoption of digital tools & systems and ways of working to maximise the benefit for scheme and overall Alliance efficiency
• Leading digital and information management engagement within the Production Hub for SMP Alliance
As new digital and information management technologies and ways of working are developed and adopted by the Alliance this role will provide an exciting opportunity to build engagement, understanding and energy which will unlock the full opportunity for digital and information management for the SMP Alliance.
We inspire each other every day to be ever more innovative and successful in delivery. We’re always looking to raise the bar and deliver with excellence. This is a unique opportunity to join a ground-breaking team that will lead in developing new ways of delivering motorway construction projects across the strategic road network.
• Support the adoption of whole Alliance digital ways of working which enable effective collaboration and knowledge sharing
• Support the adoption of digital platforms such as the Common Data Environment (CDE), Business Information Framework (BIF), and Microsoft 365 through collaboration with other Alliance teams by providing practical guidance, support, engagement and change management
• Develop and maintain the framework and methodologies for the assessment of Alliance and supply chain digital and information management competency assessment
• Work with Supply Chain and Production teams to ensure that digital and information management competency assessment and development is effectively embedded in procurement and supply chain engagement / management
• Act as an advocate and change agent to facilitate and drive the adoption of the Alliance digital principles (which are aligned with CDBB Gemini Principles)
• Develop and maintain the digital and information management competency and maturity component of the Digital and Information Management roadmap
• Provide technical and competency requirements leadership and guidance for digital collaboration and knowledge sprint teams established by the Digital Implementation Lead.
• Manage and report progress and benefits realisation of digital workstreams
• Support a culture of openness and learning within the digital team and across the wider SMP Alliance, supporting the identification and sharing of lessons (both successes and failures), and the collaborative and creative resolution of challenges.
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of digital content within the Alliance IMS to support the embedding of defined digital ways of working across Alliance delivery
• Work with People, Comms, and Production teams to build engagement and consistent adoption of digital ways of working which are defined in the IMS
• Work with the supply chain team to embed digital requirements which are defined in the IMS and Alliance Ways of Working into supply chain procurement and management systems and processes
• Work with the Transformation team to identify and support the development and implementation of digital transformation and innovation
• Develop and maintain relationships with key digital stakeholders across Alliance member organisations and supply chain.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Experience in engaging multidisciplinary teams in the adoption and use of digital collaboration tools and systems and building engagement and understanding across diverse teams for the adoption and effective use of digital technologies for collaboration and knowledge sharing
• Experience in successfully engaging teams in adoption of collaborative ways of working which are enabled and supported by digital tools and systems
• Understanding of the principles and practices of knowledge management and collaboration
• Experience of working across diverse supply chains within construction or another relevant sector
• Understanding of digital and information management requirements and practices in the context of infrastructure projects at a relevant scale and complexity for the SMP Alliance
• Ability to build alignment and buy-in across construction design and/or delivery teams to adopt and implement digital ways of working
• A strong task and delivery focus and ability to win the buy-in and support of a broad range of stakeholders to support adoption and integration in production / delivery
• Strong relationship and stakeholder skills, and ability to use these skills to co-ordinate and drive delivery of digital and information management programme of work So, if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it - then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation.
The SMP Alliance consists of Highways England and 7 partners including;
• Fluor (production management) #SMPAcareers
• Jacobs and WSP (digital enabled design) and
• Balfour Beatty, Costain and BAM Nuttall/Morgan Sindall joint venture (onsite Assembly Partners) Our goal is to unite diverse teams, unleash fresh thinking and transform delivery. We believe that collaboration is key to creating one team.
Collectively, the Alliance will design and construct the smart motorways programme over a 10-year period covering the Government’s Road Investment Strategy 2 and 3. The Alliance is transforming the way we deliver schemes by
applying a programmatic approach, utilising digital rehearsals and embedding methods of construction such as off-site manufacture. There will be a greater emphasis on digital technology, increased efficiency, and standardisation. The Alliance will drive value throughout the project lifecycle and promote a better way of working by integrating a diverse supplier network to form a wider enterprise to improve safety, create a better customer experience and deliver greater efficiency.
Inclusion and Diversity is Our Future. Be Part of It
Our collaborative culture is underpinned by our agreed behaviours - decision making, accountability, communication and engagement, innovation and improvement, constructive challenge and trust and respect.
Inclusion and diversity are core attributes to our identity. Employees feel engaged, connected, valued and respected for who they are. For us, this means creating a culture of belonging where we all thrive by embracing all perspectives. We positively encourage applications from qualified candidates from all diverse groups. We are committed to not only enhancing diversity of skills but also to addressing gender imbalance. This diversity is key to bringing different insights, creating challenge, and encouraging innovation and transformation within the construction sector.
Building better, together #SMPAcareers