*Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.*
Would you like to work for one of the most successful and secure companies within the UK Construction and Infrastructure industry with a vision to be a market leader across all of the sectors in which we operate?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners, ourselves, and our employees.
With talented people as the key to our success we operate a culture whereby personal and professional development are at the forefront of our efforts to attract and retain the best people in the industry.
Read more about our Highways work here - https://construction.morgansindall.com/roads
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Highways business unit for an ambitious and talented Technical Admin to work on our Birmingham based projects.
The Technical Admin will work on the Midlands Highways Alliance Framework, working with Common Data Environments (CDE) using the following software:
- Remote server (Microsoft)
- Viewpoint for Projects
- Fieldview for Projects
- Power BI
- Candidates will need to be competent in the use office computers and adequate computer literacy in the Microsoft Office suite of programmes.
- Candidates will ideally have previous knowledge in use of spreadsheets, word processing and selected job specific software
- Candidate should show ability to keep clear and accurate records and reports.
- Candidates should have the ability to use a computer and rapidly input data and retrieve records and information
- Candidates should have an interest in organising and analysing data.
- Creation, Improvement and Maintenance of Power BI dashboards
- Creation, Improvement and Maintenance of Fieldview Form Templates
- Ensuring all information on the CDE follows the established naming convention
- Ensuring the latest construction issue information has been saved to the CDE
- Available to answer system queries when requested within their own ability
- Inviting people to the various systems on the project when requested
- Ensuring all assets on the project are linked to handover packages on an ongoing basis throughout the project
- Informing relevant people of pending document approvals
- Administering the various software platforms used on the project
- Scanning and filing information on our CDE
- Shredding Physical Paperwork
About the Highways Team:
The UK’s strategic and local road infrastructure is a vital asset for communities and businesses, supporting economic prosperity and social connectivity.
As a major tier 1 contractor and framework partner, we play a key role in providing multi-faceted engineering services to keep these vital arteries running, ensuring smoother, safer, less congested journeys for everyone.
Our teams work on complex, high-profile national motorways, trunk road schemes as well as local authority road networks to deliver comprehensive, integrated services including design and build. These infrastructure solutions are enhanced by our complementary tunnelling and bridge design and build capabilities.
Whether working on Early Contractor Involvement (ECI) schemes or construct only works, we always endeavour to share best practice and deliver progressive solutions by engaging as early as possible with our customers to maximise innovation, efficiency, and cost savings.
Driving improvement across our road network
- Delivering projects to improve road journeys for millions of people every day
- Providing improved and new access to areas for development and employment opportunities, promoting economic growth
- Implementing hard shoulder running (HSR) and introducing smart motorway technology to give reduced vehicle emissions, increased journey time reliability and cost savings of around 40 per cent compared with conventional schemes.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
We can potentially consider certain types of flexible working in this role for the right candidate, subject to meeting business needs.