Learning and Development Manager
We have an opportunity for an experienced Learning and Development manager to work within our Waste Treatment HR team, providing proactive and professional direction and support to our operational teams. This role will utilise learning and development methods to deliver key learning solutions across our Waste Treatment business, applying best practice HR solutions that meet wider business needs. Reporting to the HR Director, this is a remote based role however we are looking for an individual who is able to travel to our 4 sites across the UK (Milton Keynes, Cambridge, Harrogate and the Isle of Wight) to both build relationships with the operational teams and deliver key training.
What will the role involve?
- Develop learning and development priorities aligned to the business strategy and people plan for the Waste Treatment Business Unit
- Develop interventions as required aligned to development plans and business need
- Using a consultative approach work with business leaders, HR colleagues and stakeholders to identify and analyse learning needs and develop learning plans to meet them
- Provide expert advice and coaching to business leaders, managers & employees on learning related matters
- Programme manage the design, development and implementation of learning solutions, working with internal SMEs to develop best in class solutions
- Lead the development and collation of Training Needs Analysis and ensure appropriate development interventions are available to the business
- Utilise experience in L&D methods, tools & best practices, including planning, design, development & program management to deliver learning solutions using a blend of learning methods & technology
- Lead management and leadership development activity
- Ensure, alongside the HRBP, full utilisation of levy spend including identifying opportunities for upskilling
- Ensure career development guidance, support and collateral is available and fit for purpose
- Support cultural change activity and manage projects as appropriate
- Adapt to several roles: training, consulting, facilitating, and collaborating up, down, and across the BU, handle multiple projects and meet assigned deadlines.
What are we looking for?
- CIPD qualified or equivalent accreditation/experience in talent and learning (desirable)
- Proven expertise in leadership development
- Background in Health and Safety/Regulatory training
- Management and development of online Learning Management System
- Ability to successfully lead projects managing external suppliers
- Proven ability to influence senior leaders
- Experience working collaboratively with other teams across a broad, diverse business
The waste treatment division is separating out from Amey and creating a new Stand-alone business entity in the UK. You will be joining us at such an exciting time and help shape the future of the new business. Within Waste Treatment, we use state-of-the-art technology to make the most of rubbish and reduce the amount being sent to landfill. From recycling materials; composting; and mechanical biological treatment to energy from waste (EfW) facilities creating better environments. Our three treatment facilities in Milton Keynes, North Yorkshire and the Isle of Wight will between them, create enough energy to power the equivalent of 60,000 homes when they are all fully operational. Both Milton Keynes and North Yorkshire bring together three different technologies on one site - mechanical treatment, anaerobic digestion and EfW. This allows us to extract any organic and recyclable materials (such as plastic and metals) which have been placed in with general, non-recyclable waste before using the rest to create energy. In Cambridgeshire we offer a range of treatment capabilities from our 400-acre Waterbeach Waste Management Park, providing services as part of partnerships with local authorities and directly for businesses and residents.