Loss Prevention Officer - Birmingham
About the team
Working within our Loss Prevention team you’ll effectively support the provision of a safe and secure working and shopping environment, providing a uniformed presence to protect the company assets and to minimise loss.
• Help our stores feel like safe and secure places to work and shop.
• Work closely with Store Teams and build strong relationships with local police.
• Identify any high-risk areas and act as a strong deterrent on the shop floor.
• Engage with store management to ensure Company LP standards within stores are adhered to at all times.
• To action any other duties as requested by the Regional LP Manager including Out of Hours surveillance, LP auditing and additional support at other stores and attend department meetings.
Criteria About you:
• We would prefer you to have previous experience as a either a Security Officer, worked in a Retail environment or the Armed Forces.
• You’ll be flexible and willing to work across different stores and opening times. Travel will be required on a day to day basis to cover a cluster of stores within a reasonable travelling distance form your home address.
• Totally committed to keeping our Store Teams and customers safe.
• Well-organised with the ability to work well in a fast and busy store.
• Hardworking, self motivated and always ready to use your initiative.
• A confident communicator who can build great relationships with store teams, police and customers.
• Fully flexible to work 5 out of 7 days including weekends and evenings.
- Bonus Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!