Grounds Maintenance Operative
What is the purpose of this role?
We have a role that has become available to be part of our MOJ team at Amey. Working in a secure environment, you will be part of a team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical.
HMP Usk (NP15 1XP) & HMP Prescoed (NP4 0TB)
39 hours - Monday to Friday
Amey pays Real Living Wage for this role
What will the role involve?
- General maintenance, such as grass cutting, hedge trimming, clearing leaves and litter, verges.
- Weed spraying
- Erect and dismantle equipment.
- Horticulture activities such as. planting, pruning and seeding.
- Setting out, making sports pitches including grass and tarmac.
- Upkeep of artificial, synthetic pitches in recreational areas.
- Tree care/Arboriculture.
- Painting sundry equipment.
- Drainage works.
- Operate light plant and power tools.
- Undertake cutting equipment checks.
- General good housekeeping, including litter picking around the grounds if required.
- All other FM duties as required directed by team manager.
What are we looking for?
- Full driving licence.
- Basic knowledge of gardening and horticulture operations.
- Weed spraying certificate.
- General experience of grounds maintenance type duties.
- Experience in operating light plant and equipment and wheeled tractors.
- Experience of horticulture operations including planting, pruning and seeding.
- Understanding of Health and Safety Legislation.
- Chainsaw Wind Blown Trees (CS 34) CS30/CS31
- Chainsaw maintenance and Cross Cut.
- Ladder use.
What makes this role unique?
This is a great opportunity work in a secure MoJ environment and be a part of our successful and growing business.
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.
The Duke of Edinburgh's Gold Business Award
Are you under 23 years old? Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you want to be the next rising star within Amey?
Go the extra mile; gain new skills, push yourself physically, help others and explore new places. Gain friendships, experiences and memories that will last a lifetime - and have lots of fun too! The award is run over an 18-month period and there are five modules and an awards presentation included. Visit amey.co.uk/dofe for more information