Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief Finance Office
Inmarsat’s Chief Finance Office (CFO) processes millions of transactions a month that enable us to interact efficiently with our suppliers, customers, trading partners and regulators. We make sure that the Company is properly funded and well controlled, that our taxes are paid and that shareholders and banks continue to support our plans. Our commercial teams help ensure that the business takes sound decisions through robust planning, careful pricing, sound contracts, skilled procurement and rigorous evaluation of every major business decision.
Primary role purpose:
The Financial Analyst play a key role in ensuring the delivery of various accounting month end tasks, including Operational Expenses variance analysis for various business units in order to allow for a timely General Ledger close. Assist with SAP Master-data maintenance and any other ad-hoc work within the department.
- Produce the monthly P&L variance analysis for a number of business units, against budget/forecast and actual prior month, ensuring accuracy of recorded costs and raising correcting journal entries where required
- Ensure timely recoding of monthly accruals, prepayments cost reallocations and other manual journal entries in order to ensure the accuracy of the income statement at month end close
- Regular contact and meetings with business unit finance managers discussing queries and post month end debriefs
- Regular review and investigation into all open purchase orders to determine the validity and closure, in conjunction with the procurement department
- Finance partnering with the procurement department, business unit finance managers and end business users (purchase requisitioners) to discuss & highlight issues, facilitate improvements to the purchase to pay cycle and training on how to use the system / follow the process effectively
- Responsibility for certain balance sheet GL Reconciliations each month
- Provide ad hoc service and assistance, reports, commentary or analysis when required to the business and business unit finance teams
- Participate in the management of masterdata for profit centres, cost centres and internal orders
- Work with other analysts in the team to improve processes and analytical work conducted on a monthly basis
- Produce various KPI reports for the processes undertaken by the team as well as KPI’s that look at other external processes impacting the month end close cycle
- Work with business stakeholders including Financial Operations, SAP Team and others on automation initiatives and improvements to SAP transactions and reporting, focusing on intercompany processes.
- Other ad hoc work as required
- 35+ active company codes
- 30 internal business segments (comprising of several sub-segments)
- 1000+ GL accounts in Chart of Accounts (175+ Intercompany and 150+ Operational Expenses)
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Part Qualified accountant (mid to finalist level)
- Technically competent in accounting to IFRS standards
- Team player and basic team management skills
- Strong analytical skills coupled with good business understanding leading to key business insight
- Creative problem solver and decision maker
- Strong people skills, confident and comfortable at engaging collaboratively in an intellectual and multinational environment at all levels. Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with passion for excellence and innovation
- Proactive individual with the ability to effectively manage various projects while adhering to deadlines
- Have a solid appreciation of core best practice financial accounting standards, policies, processes and systems
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong SAP user experience and Excel
- Good working knowledge GL Wand or any other data retrieval software
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
· Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
· Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
· Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do