Willmott Dixon Interiors are delighted to be appointing their first in-house Solicitor. It is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to develop the role under the guidance and support of our Commercial Director and reporting to our Group General Counsel and being part of the wider Group's Legal Team.
Our Interiors business delivers complex fit-out and refurbishment projects to private and public sector clients, across a range of sectors, including the commercial office, education, health, heritage, hotels, leisure and retail sectors and is a profitable part of the £1.3bn Willmott Dixon Group; that specialises in construction, interiors, property asset management and residential development. We are currently 5th place on The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to work for and a Times Top 50 Employer for Women 2021.
Our office in Farringdon (when you need to go to it - how times have changed!) is within easy reach of several stations: Blackfriars, Cannon Street, Farringdon, Fenchurch Street, Holborn, Liverpool Street and Waterloo and all the fantastic amenities, our customers and food destinations that part of London offers!
Sounds great, what are we looking for…?
The ideal candidate will likely have 2-4 years' PQE (and qualified in England and Wales) in either private practice or already as an in-house solicitor.
You will need to have significant experience of reviewing, drafting and negotiating construction or similar contracts (predominantly JCT and NEC), together with ancillary documents such as collateral warranties; and it would be great if you have experience of advising on contractual disputes, if not necessarily a litigator.
You will need to be driven; we are looking for candidates that can demonstrate enthusiasm, exceptional commitment, and willingness to learn. We require a fantastic communicator with the ability to work within a fast-paced exciting environment.
Examples of the tasks that you will undertake include:
- Review and comment on draft documentation and, from time to time, negotiate the same;
- Provide training to the business on legal matters.
- Advise on claims and disputes brought by, and against, the business.
- Manage relationships with external law firms.
- Provide assistance and support to other central function (e.g., HR and IT) on legal matters.
- Set-up and maintain internal records.
Values that we live by and would hope you do too - Courage, being Open and Respect for everyone (COR).
Sound like you? If you are looking to kick start your career with Willmott Dixon Interiors and would like to become our first in-house solicitor, we would love to hear from you.
At Willmott Dixon we look for a balance of skills and experience but just as important to us are your values and behaviours. This role would be suitable to a person who:
- Demonstrate a 'can do' attitude and able positively influence others.
- If currently working in private practice, recognise that working as an inhouse solicitor is a different role to that of a private practice solicitor.
- Is a team player
- Be able to challenge and accept challenge and be open-minded.
- Be organised, whilst also being enthusiastic and energetic.
- Demonstrate excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Be an effective communicator (whether in writing or verbally.
- Be prepared to offer a view on non-legal issues.
- Be a 'self-starter', whilst also being able to identify when to take instructions.
- Regularly identify ways of simplifying or improving how the business operates.
We are offering a competitive salary.
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all sectors of the community.
We are happy to consider flexible working.
We are proud to be part of the Willmott Dixon family; a privately-owned contracting and interior fit out group in the UK. With a rich history, amazing track record and strong values, this partnership makes us a stronger and more progressive organisation, allowing us to share knowledge and take on bigger and better projects.