Senior Personal Assistant
Frontier is an Economic Consultancy with a difference. From day one our goal was simple – to create a company that approached economics with imagination. Founded in 1999, we are entirely employee owned so everyone contributes to the culture and success. Our specialist business management teams help to shape the every-day running of the firm and implement the strategy to make it all happen. Our business management teams drive business development and practice coordination while supporting the growth of the firm through recruiting and managing talent. All our employees are supported in their career and personal development through our exceptional training programs, learning resources, qualifications and career progression.
At Frontier, we have dedicated teams that provide support to our economists, working across our London and European offices. These teams form our Business Management Team (BMT) and include Facilities, Practice Co-ordination, IT, Clients, People and Finance.
We are currently looking for an experienced individual to join as Senior Personal Assistant in our Practice Co-ordination Team in the London office. The team is made up of c.25 Executive Assistants (EAs) and Personal Assistants (PAs) and their key responsibility is to ensure that practices/offices are provided with a high quality support on a variety of administration tasks.
This role is a brand new role and the successful candidate will be required to work both independently and in a team both within our Competition practice but also with other BMT teams. They will be interested in understanding the projects within the practice, gain a good knowledge of Competition work and work closely alongside Seniors, the EA and Practice Manager.
The person would be working alongside the Practice Manager and some of the senior fee-earning team members to provide PA support. Given the nature of the work, the ideal role holder will be interested in running reports and using excel to look at various data sets as well as the core PA tasks.
This description is only a guide to what might be required but the following provides an overview of the core responsibilities in this role:
Support for the Practice Manager
- working alongside Practice Manager, PA and EA to provide support on scheduling the time of consulting staff across projects;
- assisting the Practice Manager in running the monthly updating process for the Competition pipeline;
- working alongside the Practice Manager and the Clients team to ensure the CRM system is up to date and accurate, inputting data including leads etc with support from Project Managers;
- helping to collate monthly work in progress (“WIP”) revenue figures, using knowledge through invoicing process, and then liaising with Project Managers for sign off;
- attending monthly WIP meetings between the Competition Directors and the Finance team, documenting actions agreed and following up with the relevant project managers/directors to resolve any invoicing or other issues.
Support for other senior fee-earning team members:
- gaining a good understanding of our bid process and working alongside the team to allocate time for projects, including calculating cost, with support from Finance, as and when required;
- assisting with contract preparation, completing information, gathering signatures and assisting Project Managers with inputting information into our Frontier Database;
- keeping an overall record of all projects in process with status of contract and invoicing;
- setting up new projects on Frontier database, preparing project invoices and producing timesheet reports for specific projects;
- arranging internal and external meetings, interviews, conference calls and video conferences; booking meeting rooms, liaising with Front of House on catering/visitor passes and the IT team for any technical requirements;
- organising practice meetings, recording minutes and following up on action points;
- arranging UK and international travel; adding travel itineraries to diaries, providing online check-in and printing of boarding passes, organising visas etc;
- preparing and submitting cash & credit card expenses;
- assisting with the preparation of reports, pitches and related reading materials – proof-reading and formatting; submission of expert reports; printing and binding; courier arrangements;
- oversight of budget monitoring by keeping track of expenses etc and then liaising with Project Managers and Finance for support, as and when required.
We’re enthusiastic about what we do. Our success is built on strong client relationships and employing people who want to make a difference. Our supportive and friendly environment means you can ask for advice whenever you need to. Plus the open layout of our open-plan offices reflect our inclusive and open culture.
In addition to stimulating and thought-provoking project work, we offer numerous benefits to support you inside and outside of work. All employees have access to numerous Learning & Development opportunities including ongoing Career Development Reviews with the support of an allocated Mentor.
We understand the importance of work/life balance and offer flexible working arrangements including working from home. In addition we provide 28 days annual leave with the option to purchase an additional 10.
Frontier is employee owned so we are all active in shaping and running the company, plus we have an open and inclusive culture. As Shareholders, we encourage everyone to put forward their views. Not only do we influence how the company is run but we choose to distribute as much of our profits as is prudently possible through bonuses. In addition we offer a highly rewarding salary.
If you would like to become part of our team, we are interested in meeting candidates who can demonstrate:
Essential skills and experience
- Previous Senior PA experience including involvement with project work
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work proactively and independently.
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Confident in building positive working relationships across the company.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Confident in using Microsoft Office (Word, Intermediate/Advanced Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Experience in using management information systems to generate reporting.
- Strong team player with a flexible, proactive and professional attitude.
Desirable skills and experience
- Language skills – German, French or Spanish
If you would like to apply, you will need to submit an online application via our Careers page. Should you have any questions or would like any additional information please email –firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to receiving your application!