We are seeking talented Senior Software Engineers who have substantial proficiency in a broad range of software development and programming fields. You must have deep understanding of distributed systems design with experience in building cloud native systems. You must have knowledge of data analysis, SQL/NoSQL database design principles, and business requirements analysis to develop a clear understanding of the business needs and to incorporate these needs into technical solutions.
Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed technical design and high performing distributed applications
- Design and build cloud native application for a given business use case, based on a set of core components using cloud native tools and technologies
- Design, implement, and maintain enterprise-level security
- Conduct design and code reviews in a Continuous Integration environment
- Support automated system testing, user testing, and production implementation
- Work in a geographically dispersed team
- Strong organisational skills and ability to successfully manage multiple tasks
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines in highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, client service oriented and resilient
- Mentor junior developers and other team members
- Must have Expert-level proficiency in Java 8.0 – 11
- Must have Expert level proficiency in Angular 9+
- Must have experience with Spring Boot based micro services implementation
- Good to have experience with Big Data technologies
- Demonstrated experience with object oriented and functional design, coding, and testing patterns as well as experience in engineering software platforms
- Experience designing cloud native applications in AWS with latest containerisation technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Hands on experience with PostgreSQL, SQL Server, and NoSQL database (e.g. HBase, Cassandra, etc.)
- Knowledge of software best practices, like Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI)
- Experience of working on various data integration tools for both ETL as well as ELT processing
- Experienced delivering projects in an Agile Environment, familiarity with Jira, Git, Stash, and Bamboo
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.