Technical Service Engineer
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief Operations Office
Inmarsat’s Chief Operations Office (COO) plays a vital role managing the services that keep our business running and delivering to our customers. COO consists of 9 functions including: Satellite Operations, Network Operations, Service Assurance, Service Delivery Aviation and Customer Assurance, Service Delivery and Supply Chain, Project Management Office, Global Cyber Security and Group IT
Primary role purpose:
As part of the Customer Performance, Analysis and Improvement team the primary objective of the role is to ensure that all aircraft incidents are supported at level 2 in a timely manner so that aircraft can be returned to service within schedule.
Teams responsibility includes to ensure the end to end systems are monitored and incidents with ground, satellite and airborne equipment are managed in a timely fashion.
The role will require significant interaction within Inmarsat, the certification services, AERO systems, Support Desk and suppliers to ensure the delivery of the specified in service support.
This support shall ensure it is in line with the contractual obligations made to customers regarding service availability and end user support.
- Ensure high network availability
- Delivery of service support towards Airline Customers and End Users.
- Performance management of the aircraft and timely intervention.
- Ensure services and end to end infrastructure is functioning correctly
- Contribute to proactively improve service systems and support
- Contribute to create efficient operational and technical processes/procedures
- Follow the necessary processes / procedures
- Communicate Network/System status to the relevant key holders
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- BSc/BEng in a relevant technical degree (satellite communications / telecommunications /IP Networks/) or relevant working technical experience
- Aviation Experience
- Experience in Operational environment
- Understanding of Digital Communications Networks: protocols (IP, TCP, UDP, routing, etc.) and architecture (routers, switches, firewall, etc.)
- Good PC skills with knowledge of MS Windows, MS Office, Database programs and Web based systems
- Must be able to communicate at all organizational levels
- History of being a team player and team builder
- Critical ability in order to set the right priorities in a complex environment
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Positive and energetic attitude
- Capability to work autonomously as well as a self-starter and self-motivated.
- Honest, Respectful and Patient
- Ability to adapt and change in a dynamic working environment
- Experience on monitoring tools (HP NNM, Netcool, Solarwinds)
- Working experience on Cisco routers, switches and firewalls
Desirable knowledge and skills:
- Experience in supporting aviation equipment
- VSAT experience
- Gx Exposure
- Experience in VM environment
- Experience with Inmarsat systems/services
- Experience with using Grafana
- Linux familiarisation
- Fluency in one or more foreign languages
- Experience with mobile network and user terminals
- Knowledge of ticketing systems
- CCNA Cisco certified
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do