Smart TV Console Developer
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
We are working on one of the strategic projects of Sky to expand globally and this is an exciting opportunity to join the highly subscribed Sky Go Big Screen (Consoles/ SMART TV) app development team, where we use innovative, cutting edge, highly scalable technology to produce app that delight our customers.
What you'll do:
As part of the Sky Go Big Screen (Consoles/ SMART TV) Client team you will:
* Influence the technical direction of the team from a design and technology stack point of view.
* Champion and mentor peers in software development standard methodologies and best of breed technology.
* Work with a self-organising and multi-functional agile team using techniques such as Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
* Take a proactive role with production issues and release management.
What you'll bring:
It is crucial that you can immediately add customer value to our team and be able to contribute to our team's velocity from day one. Therefore, we believe it is crucial that you have knowledge and experience of as many of the following items as possible:
* Technologies include Mac OS / Windows OS / Webos OS/ Tizen OS / Webmaf
* Good understanding of and experience with CI tools (Jenkins)
* Ability to work well in a team, dedicated, and eager to learn.
* Creative thinking skills and analytical skills, with attention to detail.
OTT: Our team develops and supports technologies for Sky, globally. No matter the device, the time or the place, we make sure that engaging large, diverse audiences with premium entertainment is possible. Our vision is to deliver the world's best entertainment.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
* Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
* A generous pension package
* Private healthcare
* Discounted mobile and broadband
* Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find six subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.