Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Sky Tech UK is looking for an energetic and self-starting Back-end Developer with Django experience.
What you'll do:
* Driving and supporting the development of our software solutions.
* Review code and support high quality standards.
* Ensure the best practices are fulfilled.
* Liaising with our product owner and the rest of the team.
* Participate actively in our Agile Ceremonies.
* Mentor and onboard other developers.
What you'll bring:
* 1+ years of commercial experience in a previous role using Python and Django.
* Good knowledge of SQL, Postgres, Migrations.
* Confidence in working with industry standards like Gitflow and PEP 8.
* Experience of an Agile software development lifecycle.
* Excellent attention to detail, strong prioritization skills and verbal communication skills. Good team player.
UK Tech: Our team focuses on technology strategy, design and delivery. From AI to 5G to Cloud, we work on the latest tech whilst building out our web presence and CRM systems for fixed and mobile networks. We're bold, proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative. Together, we're proud of the products and services we deliver for our customers.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
* Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
* A generous pension package
* Private healthcare
* Discounted mobile and broadband
* Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experience
Where you'll work:
Our Brick Lane office is in the heart of the East End of London. It's part of a vibrant and diverse community; close to street food, cafes and shops.
The closest tube station is Aldgate East and Liverpool Street is about a 10-minute walk.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.