Senior Automation Tester
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
The Client development team is responsible for the delivery of the User Interface for the Sky Q box and all other connected platforms. You will be delivering robust and creative solutions to demanding and often immovable deadlines. The department strives to be seen both internally and externally as a world-class software engineering function, continually delivering high quality solutions. As Senior Automation Tester, you'll be knowledgeable and passionate about technology, enjoy working closely with other smart people and use Agile principles to ensure your projects succeed.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Client Development Team.
What you'll do:
* Ensure the features developed by your team are adequately tested and automated to ensure Sky's products provide the best customer experience.
* Write and execute functional tests and carry out exploratory testing when necessary.
* Automate functional and regression tests using well-structured maintainable code and contribute to the maintenance and creation of automation frameworks.
* Assist with the setting up and configuration of build and test environments
* Champion testing, effective test automation and good testing practices and actively support Agile development methods
What you'll bring:
* Experience doing manual and exploratory user interface testing and analysing requirements to define test coverage.
* Working knowledge of JSON and REST API
* Knowledge to create or maintain test automation frameworks
* Experience with Linux and familiarity with source control tools desirable
* Experience of Continuous Integration using Teamcity, Jenkins or Cruise Control
* Knowledge of defect and sprint tracking tools such as JIRA and working experience in Agile environment
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
* Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
* A generous pension package
* Private healthcare
* Discounted mobile and broadband
* Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There's also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you'll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.