Learning Designer (Part-Time)
The AA is truly a great British brand. Established in 1905 by 4 driving enthusiasts, it remains one of the most well-known and trusted brands in the UK with over 12m breakdown members. With more patrols and a higher quality service than any competitor (Which? recommended best breakdown cover) the AA is the undisputed leader in the sector. With that strong foundation, the AA is now focussed on a future vision to support all of the UK’s 17m drivers and make their driving lives simple and smart with data, digital and innovation at the heart of the transformation strategy. No one is better placed to deliver on this vision than the AA.
Location: Oldbury (flexible working available)
Salary: Up to £35,000 per annum DOE + benefits
This is the job
As one of our Learning Designers, your focus will be to engage with subject matter experts to produce learning tools, resources and materials to support AA L&D initiatives.
You will be required to design and produce both digital and non-digital learning resources using a variety of authoring tools to deliver engaging learning content that drives the development of our people.
What will I be doing?
- Support the Learning Design Business Partner in the delivery of the eLearning / Learning Strategy.
- Work to tight deadlines with a variety of stakeholders and have a solid understanding of how different learning methods (digital / non-digital) are utilised within learning and development.
- Work both autonomously and alongside Senior Learning Designers in the delivery of projects, ensuring that key milestones are agreed and managed accordingly.
- Influence and promote the most appropriate learning solutions ensuring that deliverables are designed to meet the business and learner requirements.
- Scope and shape raw content into effective learning experiences, ensuring learning content is delivered on time, to scope and within brand.
- Create the digital / non-digital learning assets in coordination with the assigned Subject Matter Experts.
- For both digital & non-digital learning solutions you will need to be creative and bring innovation to the learning to ensure its engaging and appropriate to the target audience.
- For digital solutions, you will be creating content using Adobe Create Cloud (animation, illustration, photo & video) in combination with authoring software (Storyline / Rise) and have experience designing for mobile.
- For non-digital solutions you will specialise in creating facilitated courses that bring to life a variety of subjects. You will work closely with the business trainers to ensure tutor scripts are easily understood and concise as well as delivering train the trainer events to ensure that the delivery team have a full understanding of “how” the content should be delivered.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of designing soft skills / leadership skills learning materials
- Demonstrable ability to turn dull or lifeless reference materials into visually engaging source material
- Strong stakeholder management experience
- Sound understanding of the learning journey
- Experience of designing learning solutions across a variety of target audiences
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including ability to influence key stakeholders
- Proven ability to work independently, under tight deadlines and make effective recommendations
- Extensive experience of eLearning / digital design software e.g. Articulate including Storyline and Rise (desirable)
- Highly self-motivated
- Ability to work in a fast paced, change orientated environment.
- Appetite for learning new skills
- Solution orientated mind-set
- A strong customer service philosophy
- A creative innovator, who is committed to continuous learning and is passionate about design and technology
As a valued member of our team, you’ll have access to a range of fully supported development programmes, designed to help you progress in your career with us. Whether you’re looking to grow in your current role, or learn new skills and take on greater responsibilities, we can help you build the career you’re looking for here.
We’re always looking to recognise and reward our employees for the work they do. Here are just a few of the benefits you’ll have access to, as part of our team:
- Discounted home and motor insurance
- Half price AA breakdown membership in your first year and free after 12 months, along with a 50% introductory discount off breakdown cover for 12 months for up to 5 friends/family members.
Plus, so much more!
Good conduct matters to us. Our teams are motivated by doing the right thing for both customers and colleagues, and in line with our values, we ask all our employees to act with honesty & integrity and respect for others at all times.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from anyone regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
We hope to hear from you soon. #LI-TheAA